We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lambi

manchester england
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lambi

Hi im travelling to kos in August with my grandson. We are staying in Lambi i cant find the area on here in the forum. What would be my nearest place to look at for advice or is it known by a different name on here?

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lambi

Lambi, or Lampi is on the outskirts of Kos Town. I have only ever driven through and not stayed there but know that some TA contributors have and hopefully will come in during the day to answer any questions you have.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lambi

Hi there

Lambi or Lampi is a beach suburb to the northwest of Kos Town, about 2 kms from the centre of town. It's had a fair amount of development over the past few years, new hotels and the like.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lambi

Yes, it's the area to the top of this map,

http://www.gaia-hotels.com/kos-city-map.jpg

and carries on further north towards the tip of the island.

http://www.gaia-hotels.com/kos-island-map.jpg

Where are you staying?

Edited: 31 March 2013, 14:05
manchester england
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lambi

Thanks for your replies Steve-p53 we will be staying at the nefeli apartments. I just wondered why there was no forum just for lambi as there is for the others

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,414 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lambi

Hi there

Yes I would also describe Lambi as a suburb of Kos Town ...its not the prettiest of places, but its flat and is convenient and walking distance to the town of Kos.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lambi

I don't know why there is one for Psaldi and not Lambi - maybe because it is all within a mile (or slightly more) of Kos Town, whereas Psalidi stretches for several miles.

I'm a big fan of Kos Town, and Lambi.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lambi

Me too Steve, we stayed at Lampi the first time we ever visited the island and it was almost deserted in those days, acres and acres of waste land all around. We were booked into apartments in KT but due to a mix up, we were sent to the Pelagos Aparthotel in Lampi, probably the best accommodation we've had, anywhere in Greece and it didn't cost us a penny extra, other than when we came to check out and there was a hefty extra to pay for the naughty house TV channel which Mrs GBs son had been sneaking in to watch most evenings. The colour of his face when he realised he'd been rumbled was something to behold.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lambi

lolol

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lambi

Hi anbill the nearest large hotel to nefeli is the Pelagos which is left out of your hotel towards the beach right is to Kos town if you need any directions help just ask I am very familiar with this area we too are going in August but staying nearer town but we love this area and will be up their every night at our favourite pub

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lambi

keithpaula, is nefeli near the fire station?

Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations