We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go!!

UK
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go!!

Hi,

My partner and I are looking to visit Greece, I have been looking at Kos but I am unsure where will be suitable for us to stay. We are looking for somewhere near the beach, and within walking distance to a town, I have looked at Kos or Kos town, or can anyone recommend some other towns?

Thanks

Sarah

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go!!

We always stay in tingaki Near kos town about 20 mis on the bus

Tingaki has the best beach in kos i think nice resort enough bars and some nice taverns but it is a quite resort its one long rd heading down to the beach so good places to stay right near the beach i like the mythos apartments 2 mins walk to the beach and bars and taverns with tompsons

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go!!

Sarah if you tell me of what type of holiday you require either lively or laid back then I can advise better

UK
Level Contributor
214 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go!!

Hi,

Well we like a laid back holiday, but some nights would like to go out for a few drinks, but nothing lively like night club city.

Thanks

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go!!

Then Sarah tigaki has mort says would be ideal for you it has a very nice beach and enough tavernas bars for the night times

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go!!

Or there's Kefalos - great beaches in the bay and more within a 15 minute drive, harbour, the old village up on the hill, great scenery, historic sites and lots of nice restaurants and bars but still remains quiet and laid back and as everywhere on the island everyone is so friendly.

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go!!

I am biased and would say kamari bay is so laid back and fantastic it soothes my soul daytime is slow and easy night is slower and tasty the tavernas serve some of the best food in Greece and the local folks are very special and friendly just try a little greek phrase and you are a friend

7. Re: Where to go!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations