We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Hello Guys & Gals..... Info Requested !

Going to Kos Airport in May 2014 :

We need a taxi transfer from Kos Airport to Lambi, near to Kos Town, approx 23Km ?

Should we pre-book our return taxi transfers in advance ?

Or, negotiate an agreed fare with a taxi outside the terminal ?

Any recent experiences, or advice would be most welcome:

John (Glasgow)

1. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 10:15
Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Here are a few links for you to do some price comparisons. I cannot remember if there is much difference between booking a taxi to meet you or just picking one up at the airport taxi rank but would have thought the taxi rank would be a bit cheaper. There are usually plenty there to meet each flight.

http://www.kostaxi.eu/

http://www.koselite.20m.com/taxi.htm

www.kosisland.gr/en/transfer-booking.html

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Hello to marg001 .....

I have already obtained 8No. 'online' quotes ranging from >>>>

108 euro's =(£86) to 130 euros =(£106) for a return journey which seems very expensive,

as the Lambi District resort is only 23 Km's (14 miles & 35 mins) from Kos Airport ?

I suspect that "haggling" at the airports public taxi rank, will MAY? get me a better price ?

Best regards.....

John..... (Glasgow)

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Hello Ian we used resort hoppa last October to nefeli lambi and the return price for us both to hotel and return was only £18 but if you want a taxi their will be plenty outside arrivals to Kos town last August was €35 each way and its been around that for a few years

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Hello to keithpaulakos......

Many thanks to you, for taking the time to share your own personal

experience's with Kos Airport Transfer Taxis:

I am possibly opting for the public taxi rank out side Kos Airport,

I will send out my wife to "haggle-down" a fair price !

However, one of the pre-book taxi company's advised me that the

annual price review is due before the start of the holiday season starting in MAY 2014 !

Best regards ......

John ..... (Glasgow)

Edited: 22 January 2014, 23:26
kos
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
722 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

you can also check the kos taxi site

on line you can even get approximate quotes from their site plus book a taxi

check it out and decide

www.kostaxi.eu

it is i think

all the bestenjoy your stay on the island

eddieteddy

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Hello to eddieteddy .....

I have already obtained 8No. 'online' quotes ranging from >>>>

108 euro's =(£86) to 130 euros =(£106) for a return journey which seems very expensive,

as the Lambi District resort is only 23 Km's (14 miles & 35 mins) from Kos Airport ?

I suspect that "haggling" at the airports public taxi rank, will MAY? get me a better price ?

Best regards.....

John..... (Glasgow)

Edited: 23 January 2014, 23:43
kos
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
722 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

i m doubfull

as far as i know they ve a fixed price

if you re arriving during the day time then grab a bus which will drop you to town then grab a taxi from there to your hotel if you want to get to your accomodation cheaper than anything else

that s the only way i can think of

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

The haggle down of Taxi price seems unlikely, they have fixd prices and also you leave the airport and cross the road to the Taxi rank, there is usually an operative there controlling the queue and asking where you are going, the Taxi's pull in and he & the driver put your cases in the car and you are off. No real opportunity to bargain.

I suspect the only way you may get a lower price is if you walked out of the airport carpark (only a few hundred yards) there is a restaurant / bar on the corner, you could ask in there as the staff may well have a friendly cab driver who they can call and get you a deal, or you could flag down the cabs coming into the airport and try and get a better fare, but as they know they have guaranteed jobs waiting for them in the airport I doubt you will have much luck.

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kos Airportn Taxis ?

Take a day trip to Bodrum if you enjoy haggling.

Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations