We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is kos for me?

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
204 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
is kos for me?

Hi . I'm looking to book my 2week summer holiday and looking at Los , not sure which part though so I will be grateful for any suggestions. It's for my partners 50th birthday. He loves Turkey or Greece . We are going to kusadasi this month and loved sidari in Corfu last year . We like a laid back holiday . Sunbathing all day and in the evenings going to traditional restaurants at night . Like a wander around the shops in the evenings . Not looking for night clubs but .maybe small ars with some live music ?

We prefer to stay at the quieter bits and be able to walk into the bizz of an evening . Sidari was perfect but I'd like to go somewhere else .

Any advice

Thanx in advance

Karen x

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Sidari
Sidari
Corfu, Greece
Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
204 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is kos for me?

Kos !

Mentioned in this post
Kos Town
Kos Town
Kos, Greece
Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is kos for me?

Tingaki seems like just the place for you. Lovely beach, plenty of places to eat and drink but not a noisy resort.

BOB....

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is kos for me?

Agree about Tigaki, extremely friendly, lovely beach, plenty of tavernas, a few bars, some with music, no clubs. Easy bus or taxi trip to visit Kos Town. Alternatives could be Mastihari or Kefalos, again nice beaches, tavernas, a few bars, don't know about music. Kefalos is at the other end of the island and a bit quieter.

Mentioned in this post
Tigaki
Tigaki
Kos, Greece
Kos Town
Kos Town
Kos, Greece
Mastihari Beach
Mastihari Beach
342 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Kefalos
Kefalos
Kos, Greece
lancashire
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is kos for me?

Hiya

Like you we have had many holidays in Turkey, staying anywhere from kusadasi, Turgutreis, Belek, Bodrum, Torba, Side...list is endless stayed in Corfu, Crete, Halkidiki, Rhodes....this isn't a tour round Shirley's holidays, the punch line is....and Kos. To answer your question, we first came to Kos in 1992...still coming back, 4 Times in 2 years to the same hotel, back in late June and counting down the days...it is everything to everyone.

Tigaki is lovely, enough beach for even the fussiest. Good tavernas, excellent places to stay to suit all pockets.

Psalidi where we stay is very quiet, mainly AI hotels, but has Michaelis apartments which are fabulous. Near enough to Kos, near to Agios Fokas too, where the beach bar is buzzing. Further on are the Therma springs too.

Beach in Psalidi isn't all that, but that doesn't bother most who go, it's well documented the beach is stony.

Kardemena really has changed since we first went 20 years ago, not teaming with the Club 18-30's now, more cosmopolitan, good bars and nice beach areas too.

Kefalos again would be a good choice, haven't stayed there, but looks lovely.

Kos is a beautiful destination, cosmopolitan, places to suit all tastes and budgets. People are warm, friendly, charming and very welcoming. Weather beautiful, now, get booking....

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Turgutreis
Turgutreis
Bodrum, Turkey
Belek
Belek
Serik District, Turkey
The Bodrum by Paramount Hotels & Resorts
The Bodrum by Paramount...
168 Reviews
Torba, Turkey
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Halkidiki Region
Halkidiki Region
Central Macedonia, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Kos Town
Kos Town
Kos, Greece
Tigaki
Tigaki
Kos, Greece
Psalidi
Psalidi
Kos, Greece
Agios Fokas
Agios Fokas
Kos, Greece
Therma Beach
Therma Beach
1,378 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Kefalos
Kefalos
Kos, Greece
Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
204 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is kos for me?

thanx all for the info !

this is fab information and I will let you all know what we book , but it will definitely be on Kos island,,,,,

it sounds just perfect!

Karen x

Mentioned in this post
Kos Town
Kos Town
Kos, Greece
lancashire
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is kos for me?

Enjoy looking and booking Karen, and please let us know where, when and why....

Happy holidays

Shirley

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is kos for me?

Had my first Greek holiday on Kos last year, found it an amazing place , lots to do and see , will be returning in July .

Mentioned in this post
Kos Town
Kos Town
Kos, Greece
Kos Town, Greece
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: is kos for me?

Can't agree more. It is awesome place. Tigkaki is nice play to stay. Many beaches around to explore, easy and often transportation to Kos town as well.

There are many restaurants that you could have a try.

greeceathensaegeaninfo.com/a-greek-island-as…

Mentioned in this post
Kos Town
Kos Town
Kos, Greece
Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
204 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is kos for me?

Thanx for the info

Iv decided to take your very helpful advice and will be booking up for TIGAKI as soon as I can !

Karen x

Mentioned in this post
Tigaki
Tigaki
Kos, Greece
Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is kos for me?

Karen

Just be aware that some accommodation is located quite a distance from the centre of Tigaki. Come back onto TA for more information and if you want advice about any in particular that you like the look of.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 07:29
Mentioned in this post
Tigaki
Tigaki
Kos, Greece
Get answers to your questions about Kos