We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

london
Level Contributor
717 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Hi,

We are considering this resort for the last week of October.

We have never been to Kos before but have seen positive reviews of this hotel.

Our only concern is will it be hot or can we expect rain? Are all the facilities likely to be up & running? Is the food as good at the end of the season as well as at the beginning?We don't want to go to a hotel where the food is poor in the last week.

We are looking at a garden room as the sea view is much more expensive. Is it a nice garden view?

As I work in a school I have to go in the school holidays e.g half term. We are going away with family in the summer so can't go then!

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks,

Leo

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Hi

Right, the hotel is absolutely superb, without doubt my favourite place....ever.

I cannot answer about October so late in the month, but we have stayed there twice in September/early October.

The weather is still glorious up until the second week, a few showers can be expected, and even though the People working in the hotel have their jackets on, we still wander round in summer clothes!!!

Be aware that the smaller tavernas within Psalidi and some in Kos town will be closing. Boat trips would be weather dependant etc....however, there is still plenty to see and do in and around kos as people are holidaying there until October's end!

The Oceanis still offers the same first class service near the end of the season as It does at the beginning, their ethos is so guest driven, that to disappoint would not be acceptable.

The garden view rooms are excellent, same service, same facilities, just a different view.

My advice, look at the 2013 late/end of season reviews, that way you have a complete picture.

The hotel, in my opinion cannot be faulted, we are back again in 10 days, booked already for 2015 and I don't think you would be disappointed.

Good luck.

Let me know.

Edited: 14 June 2014, 19:47
london
Level Contributor
717 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It certainly sounds a good hotel ,I think I'll check out the reviews as suggested to try & get an idea of peoples views in the last week.

I have already emailed the hotel & the Reservations lady has been really helpful. I must admit I was impressed with her prompt response'

Thanks,

Leo

london
Level Contributor
717 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Sorry ,meant to add, have a wonderful holiday!

Leo

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Thankyou Leo

Sofia, who is Guest Liaisons, really is fantastic.

Their willingness to help goes beyond most other hotels by miles.

I know these all seem like superlatives? But really, I can't really find any one thing to criticise. Yes, maybe the entertainment is a little tame, and again the beach isn't white stretches of beautiful sand, but these things don't really amount to all the fabulous things on offer.

I hope you book a holiday here, think you'll love it.

Edited: 14 June 2014, 21:35
london
Level Contributor
717 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Hi,

I must admit that customer service is high up there for us.

It's great when staff listen to you & if there is anything that you're not entirely happy with at least if they try to sort things out & do it with a smile that's great.

I must admit it's a choice between the Paloma Renaissance in Turkey, but as it's a Conference hotel as well ,I'm not too sure about it.

I think we'll mull it over for a bit longer & then decide! We don't need entertainment, we just want to chill out.

Thanks again,

Leo

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Hi again Leo

Sorry, I've also been to the Renaissance in Turkey. I assume you mean the one in Beldibi? Near Kemer

I was a destination expert in Turkey, holidayed in over 24 All inclusives throughout all regions, our favourite being the Bodrum peninsula. Turkey is without doubt a beautiful country with amazing food. Wonderful history, and some of the best All inclusive hotels we have ever been to.

The Renaissance is lovely, however, it is a conference hotel, and whilst we were there (2008) the Spar had 2 huge delegations there. They do take over. And although there are many a la cartes to choose from, you could not escape the Suits as it where. Very beautiful hotel, food was excellent, staff were alright, our room was awful, but the hotel was under going a refurb, so couldn't be helped.

Beldibi itself is a one horse town, but close enough to visit cosmopolitan Kemer, Tekirova etc. Antalya airport is beautiful.

Downsides. Hotel isn't really geared for couples imho, lots of younger kids, although a lovely quiet zone and decent spa. Again, look at reviews, message people, weigh up pro's and con's. I can only offer my opinion, which is. Paloma hotels are superb, offer many good services, different demographic to the Oceanis, but there is no comparison.

Again, happy trawling. Let me know how you go..

Shirley.

Edited: 15 June 2014, 06:55
london
Level Contributor
717 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for your reply.

I fear we've missed the boat to the Oceanis as online it's coming up sold out! I'm going to phone & check availability.

The PR is still available but being a Conference hotel that is the only thing putting me off.

I'll let you know how it goes,

Leo

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

How strange, with Thomson flying from Manchester 22 to 29 October £586 pp availability showing at hotel???

london
Level Contributor
717 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Hi,

We are looking at flying from any London on the Saturday.

Trying to see if the shops might be more helpful as I'm not having much luck online for the dates we want.

Leo

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oceanis Resort & Spa last week of October

Fingers crossed.

X

Get answers to your questions about Kos
Recent Conversations