We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Patmos

Which Patmos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
1 day in Patmos

I would appreciate any suggestions on what to do on our own for 1 day. We are on a cruise and will arrive in Patmos on May 18 from 9-4 p.m.

Thanks

Spanish Fort, AL...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Patmos

Hi Deerfield,

What to do in Patmos depends on what types of activities you are looking for. Once you come off the ship you will see many coffee shops and souvenir shops. If you are into seeing the sites the island has to offer then I have a few suggestions. Take a visit to the Monastery and the Cave of the Apocalypse. You can take a tour bus up to the Monastery, or you can take a taxi. If you have time and like walking, I would walk down from the monastery to the cave and visit it and then walk back down into town instead of taking a taxi back. I also have suggestions on where to go get a small bite or what is a Patmian traditional sweet to have. If you would like more information please let me know, I would be happy to provide it. We go to Patmos every year and have a house there so i'm pretty knowledgeable on the area and what to do!

Denver
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in Patmos

Thank you and I would be interested in any suggestions you might have. We leave on Monday, May 5th so I'm trying to finalize all plans. I'm running a litte behind.

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in Patmos

Cheaper to take the bus up to the Monastery the timetable is on a board by the quayside. Also it is not far and easily walkable in about 30-45 mins.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in Patmos

Glykia - I am especially interested in any suggestions you might have. We will be staying in Patmos for four nights and have a tour of the Cave and the monastery scheduled. We'd especially love suggestions of moderately priced restaurants. We are staying near Gricos, but my understanding is that is near Skala where we'll find lots of restaurants?

Spanish Fort, AL...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day in Patmos

abcd:

I can share quite a bit of information with you, as well as pictures of lots of the different restaurants and places you might decide to visit. Would you like for me to keep posting on here or to message you instead? Please let me know.

When will you be in Patmos?? We leave May 30th from Piraeus on the Blue Star to go to Patmos, we will be there until the third week in June.

~G

Deer: SOOOOO sorry, I missed you, haven't checked on here in a few days, got a bit busy around here and neglected to check the forum! I am new on here nad thought I would be updated by email when someone posted a reply on a board I had posted on...must check my settings!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip and if you happen to connect to the internet while traveling, let me know i'd be glad to offer more assistance to you.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day in Patmos

Thanks, Glykia. Would love to have some restaurant recommendations! Many thanks!

Kent
Level Contributor
149 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day in Patmos

We too would love some restaurant recommendations for Patmos!

Thanks in advance.

Sue

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
790 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 day in Patmos

We were in Patmos two weeks ago. Two of our dinners we had in Scala. One night was at the Givaeri Taverna. This one can be a bit hard to find because it is upstairs and you have to look carefully for the signs. The other dinner was at the Pirofani Taverna. Both dinners were quite good and about 30 to 35 Euros for with wine. Both restaurants are right on the harbor. Another evening we ate at the Flisvos Taverna near Grikos, at 25 Euros for two with wine. The other restaurant we ate at was in Kamnos, called the Panagos Taverna. The food was good at 25 Euros, but the outdoor ambience with lots of passing motorcycles left something to be desired.

Another highly recommended restaurant is Benetos, which is more upscale. Unfortunately we did not get to try it because it was not yet open when we were there.

Hope this helps!

9. Re: 1 day in Patmos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Patmos