We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

I'm trying to find a ferry route from Bodrum to Patmos. I will be flying into Bodrum and have a hotel there. The hotel had advised that there might be a direct ferry from Turgutreis to Patmos on Wednesdays and Fridays but I haven't been able to find it online anywhere and they haven't been very helpful beyond that original email. Then I looked into taking a ferry from Bodrum to Kos and then Kos to Patmos - but the timing is a little weird and I am concerned about not making connections. Does anyone know a site where I can figure out the simplest route? (Or would it be easier to get to Bodrum - walk to the port and figure it out in person?) I'll have 2 days in Bodrum before I need to leave for Patmos. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

What date are we talking about? Ferry links vary not only depending on the day of the week but also from month to month.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

Thanks for replying! My hope is to ferry over Wednesday July 23rd to Patmos. I could technically also go on Tuesday July 22nd but would have to change some hotel plans etc.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

I'm not sure why you are worried about not making the connection via Kos. As far as I can see on the 23rd you have these ferries from Bodrum:

https://www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp…

or one from Turgutreis: https://www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp…

and this one from Kos to Patmos:

https://www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp…

Very doable IMO. You just need to find something to do in Kos

Edited: 11 July 2014, 12:04
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

I imagine the OP was expecting there to be a Dodekanisos Seaways catamaran from Kos to Patmos at 11:00, but on a Wednesday this goes to Agathonisi and not Patmos.

Coming back to the original post itself, I've no idea why the hotel would claim there was a ferry from Turgutreis to Patmos. As far as I know there's never been one.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 12:08
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

It is a straightforward ferry connection Bodrum > Kos. Then Kos to Patmos.

No doubt the ferry time won't sync too well but that's how it is. Just overnight on Kos will sort that.

A bluestar ferry timing may appear odd in going from Kos > Patmos, but it is the Piraeus bound service which arrives early morning in Piraeus.

The Dodecanese Seaways catamaran is about 11:00 most days.

There are always rumoured ferries, however very few actually happen. Currently listed is Turgutreis to Patmos on Wednesdays daytrip style schedule, hardly one to rely on.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

I was able to line everything up using FerriesinGreece.com

Super easy and helpful! Thanks for the tips everyone!

Stara Zagora...
Level Contributor
119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

MIssusClown, i also can help u with some advice. I allready book and will travel from Turgutreis to Patmos on 03.09.2014g. Actualy its not ferry-line, its hidrophil, so called "flying dolphine". It starts aroun 10 in the morning from Turgutreis marina. and reach Patmos for 1 hour. I use turkish company http://www.aegeantourtravel.com

based in Bodrum. i book vauchers online, they have very nice page, and live operators that can help u. The prise is around 60 euro - go and back, u can choose day return or next days. I hope that this info will help u. I wish u a good holyday and to reach Patmos - the Holy Island. ;))

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

Hi Bichoes,

You are posting in an old thread. If you read the last post from the OP the trip has already been done, and the OP has returned home.

9. Re: Ferry help from Bodrum, Turkey to Patmos, Greece?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Patmos