We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irini Hotel, Tilos

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Irini Hotel, Tilos

Has anyone stayed at the Irini Hotel on Tilos? What's it like?

United Kingdom
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

Hi, we have stayed at this delightful little hotel many times. It is kept spotlessley clean with towels and beds changed regularly. Breakfast (contenental) is served on the shady terrace, the hotel does not have a bar and the only meals it serves are breakfast.

There is a small swimming pool(perfectly suitable for swimming) with sun loungers around it, the hotel is situated back from the main road in its own beautifully maintained gardens (when I say main road it is about the only road and very quiet, the whole island is very quiet and untouristy).The hotel is about 4 minutes walk from the beach and what few shops and exellent tavernas there are, can't reccomend any special taverna they are all very good. The hotel is run by a Greek family who also live there and have the Ildi Beach Apartments further round the cove they appear to be very influential in local island politics and tourism.Tilos is a lovley island with some great walks nice beaches and a very eco freindly approach to local flora and fauna. I am sure you would like it there.

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

Cheers for your response. We have booked to go in June!!

uk
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

I am hoping to stay here in August with my sister in law and our 6 and 9 year olds will we be best hirong a car to tour the island.

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

Hi,

From what I have read so far the island seems quite small, but I'll let you know when we have been in june what the options are.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

We're about to go to Tilos this week for our second visit.

We're staying at Idili Rock apartments and will give some more feedback on our return.

We stayed on Tilos in 2006 at Irini Hotel and then moved up to the apartments which are owned by the same family. Ilias and his family.

We found the hotel very nice, but rooms a little dated and our balcony was next to the house next door where there was a small child screaming most of the time.

The family were lovely and kept the hotel very clean.

Ilias let us move to the Ilidi Rock apartments for the second week and even drove us up on the day.

Ilidi apartments are fantastic and we made a note of which room we wanted for our next visit, we've booked a suite this time and it's got a fantastic large terrace for sunbathing on after a long walk.

The apartments are very well equipt for self catering, but we ate out in the evening.

Lovely large 4 poster bed, which you can lie in bed and look out at the view across the bay.

There is a very good selection of restaurants on this small island.

Lynda

Aulnay, France
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

Hi MozBru,

You won't regret it ! I've visited some 35 Greek islands, and Hotel Irini on Tilos is definitely among the top 10 places I want to go back to. I was there for 6 nights in 2005 with the Mrs and daughter.

The owner, Ilias Christofis, is a great bloke; looks a bit like a Beach-Boy. He and his family are at the same time reserved and very kind and thoughtful (like one hot evening when we got back late we found they'd put the air-conditioning on to cool the room - and they didn't charge us for it, tho' it's usually 6€ a day). That and many other things.

He might just remember me as Nikos "whose shoes he liked" (I never wore any throughout my stay; it's that sort of island). Geia sou to him and to the delightful blind cat that lives there.

Oh, and the breakfast is good.

BTW - can you give you me an idea how much we'd be looking at per night in 2008 ? We paid 60 for the room in 2005, early July. And did he quote you a price for his Ilidi studios as well ? Would save me pestering him, as it's far from sure we're going this year.

Have a great time !

England
Level Contributor
68 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

Well we are back from Tilos and had a fantastic time! Irini Hotel very good, pool excellent. Everyone very friendly loads of places to eat out/drink - 27 at the last count in Livadia! You must visit George in the square he's a real character. Highlights - people, food, ouzo, walks, water .. not necessarily in that order. Downers - mozzies, never seen a place with so many, PLEASE remember to take repellant if you are affected.

To B100jan ... there are 3 car hire places Drive Rent a Car opposite Michalis Taverna, Stephanakos and Iris both at the harbour,35-40 euro per day,1 petrol station between Livaadia & Megalo Horio think its open limited hours only! There is a regular bus service 4-5 times per day, times on noticeboard in square,request stops on route Livadia-Megalo Horio-Eristos-Agios Andonis; So really would only need a car for a couple of days at most - public transport much more fun!

To Squidger .... we asked Ilias for prices for Irini Beach & Ilidi Rock but he would only give us his card with email address info@tilosholidays.gr - sorry!

Hope everyone who goes this year has as good a time as we did!!

8. Re: Irini Hotel, Tilos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 15:21
Get answers to your questions about Tilos
Recent Conversations
More Tilos Topics