We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday dilemma

holidaycelebrate
4 posts
Save Topic
holiday dilemma

Hello , I am planning my holiday for end June 2008, and I have some dilemmas over the places to visit: Bodrum or Rhodes.

My interests are shopping,nice beaches and culture and nightlife,love small cruises,budget is not a problem.

Which place is more suitable for me and my girlfriend? We will have one week ,and we want to focus in one place,in order to taste all of it..

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday dilemma

Definately Rhodes, based on much better beaches and a lot more sights. It is also possible to daytrip/overnight to nearby islands like Symi, Halki, possibly Tilos or Kastelorizo. For nightlife Rhodes town or Lindos.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday dilemma

Hi there

I too would MUCH prefer Rhodes to Bodrum - Rhodes can offer everything on your list and is small enough that you could see all the island has to offer within a week if you hire a car.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday dilemma

Rhodes is absolutely superb and there is no comparison - sorry

holidaycelebrate
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday dilemma

Thank you for your replies, we have this kind of dilemma because we have heard all nice things about these places, and this holiday is kinda special for us so we don't want to choose a wrong place.I heard once bad comments about turkish ospitallity and I don't want to be so general.

Thing is that Greece is famous for culture and shopping,both plces have great beaches (I suppose),but how about ospitallity?Which place is more genuine, not to look forward to steal your money...?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday dilemma

Hi again

IMO, you can't beat Greek hospitality wherever you go to in the country. We've travelled to many islands over the years and have never encountered rudeness or impoliteness wherever we've been to.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday dilemma

Has to be Rhodes lovely place, lovely people, nice beaches, culture and nightlife.

IMO Greeks are the most hospitable people you will find.

All the best

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday dilemma

hi.

of course rhodes.it has european flair mixed with local blend while bodrum is far behind... evolution!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday dilemma

hi.

of course rhodes.it has european flair mixed with local blend while bodrum is far behind... evolution!

9. Re: holiday dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:16