We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
670 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

the cold weathers making me think of hols ! Can anyone tell me what the airport is like in Rhodes, does it get very busy ? I'm thinking of going in September. Also any comments on the Rhodos Palladium hotel. Thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,554 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Try thyis link for reviews of the hotel:

http://tinyurl.com/2vmody

The airport is fairly big for an island, and you will be outside the peak season.

However, if you are going on a charter they are always jammed for checking in etc.

cambridge
Level Contributor
323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

If your arriving in the day time there bus stop outsde of the airport can t miss it if your going to stay in rhodes town ixia ect service fab and cheap too

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Hi there

Rhodes' Diagoras airport can be quite congested as can ANY Greek island airport but as you are travelling away from peak season, you will probably find that you have no delays or too many crowds. Just go prepared for the possibility that you MIGHT have to join a queue to check in when returning home.

If you've experienced Kazantzakis airport in Crete, then you can handle anything!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Hi again

Well, of course, EVERYONE joins a queue to check in - what I should have said was " be prepared to join a long queue to check in".

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
670 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Thanks for your help, of course we all expect to queue, but as said we not planning to go in the height of the season.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

hi.

the airport in rhodes is being renovated and a brand new building is almost finishes so i believe by the time you get to rhodes the airport will be o.k.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Went to Rodos Palladium last year - very good hotel/great pool + other facilities/food excellent on half board/evening entertainment variable they buy in the acts rather than there being an in house set of performers like some hotels/very good kids club/rooms excellent but need to go for superior sea view (extra £420 on Thomson)

downsides: usual expensive drinks (same as any 4/5 star Greece/Cyprus)/it has no real walkable other venues so taxi/bus to Rhodes town or Faliraki but close enough to both/ I also found the shut down in the evening odd as all entertainment finishes about 10-10.30 in the hotel/ and beach is slightly stoney not full sand like further into Faliraki

From UK it seems that thomson have a monopoly but via hotel website came out 25% more expensive

The airport is as ever in Greece - buses arrive all at once and you queue out the door for 1/2 hour - hope new bit makes a difference! But only 20 mins drive to palladium

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
670 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Thankyou, thats a great help, have booked now & am looking forward very much to going. I wonder are there a lot of Germans staying there, as in Portugal last year the hotel we stayed in had loads of them & although the entertainment was very good everyone seemed to shuffle off to bed by 11pm!!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

Big mix of nationalities - probably noticed the Brits more than others but range of German/Italian/Russian/Dutch and even Greek atying there.

The entertainment is biased towards Brits, but as I said it does stop at about 10.30 (because of rooms which are overlooking entertainment area) - The main bar stays open for awhile and there's always the Rhodes town/Faliraki option cheap taxi either way.

10. Re: rhodes airport & rhodos palladium hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 00:18