We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place with harbour

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
place with harbour

hi thinking of coming in june , we like a place with a harbour or waterfront tavernas, quiet but not too quiet we like people watching, a nice little village with maybe a few shops ??? many thanks, we like parga, lefkas and samos

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place with harbour

Hi, sweetypie2 . Dont really know of a small village with a few shops & a harbour etc. Lindos has no harbour & is far from quiet even in June.Rhodes Town is hugh & all the cruise boats stop there . Kathara Bay on outskirts of Faliraki has a harbour but no shops. So nothing to meet your needs .

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place with harbour

Hi,

Have a look at Haraki. It gets busy on Sundays with locals otherwise pretty quiet. Not much in the way of shops but a few tavernas looking out to sea and well placed for getting into Lindos:-

http://www.haraki.eu/

If people watching is your thing then definitely consider Rhodes Town - as busy or quiet as you want it to be.

Cheers,

Dave.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
324 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place with harbour

Hi I was looking at Olympic Holidays earlier today and noticed they have some s/c accom on seafront at Haraki. Don't know if it is any good though.

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place with harbour

Haraki and Stegna both sound like good destinations for you. Both have what you have mentioned, but both are not really people watching places to be hones as both are small villages. Saying this though both do have brilliant tavernas used by locals throughout the year. Stegna is my personal favourite from the two, the drive down the mountain from the rhodes-lindos road is incredible and the beach is pleasant,

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place with harbour

Hi there

Another vote for Stegna. Lovely village, laid back and relaxed, good beach, plenty of places to drink and dine and some shops.

uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: place with harbour

Hi

I can recommend Stegna too.

'Greek' feel to it, lovely restaurants, lovely beach and not too busy.

Just waiting and hoping for someone to take over the apartments there to get a better deal with a package.

Hitchin Herts
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: place with harbour

I can echo everything previously mentioned about Haraki and Stegna. Both lovely villages with great places to eat, and right by the waters edge.

In fact i will be out there this time next week, can't wait!!!!!

Danny

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: place with harbour

Blimey Danny, hope you don't intend going for a dip in March!! - if you do, then you're made of stronger stuff than I am.....

rhodes
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: place with harbour

Hi I agree stegna or charaki,they are both very close so you can stay in one and visit the other

Enjoy

10. Re: place with harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 08:24