We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

Northumberland UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

Hi all, we're heading back to Rhodes again on May 20th, our holidays is with Thomas Cook and when we booked the outbound flight (from Newcastle) was 18:55 with a return flight leaving Rhodes :( at 02:00.

I've just noticed online that any flights from Newcastle now have a departure time of 21:15 and leaving Rhodes at 04:25, the Sunset online brochure is different again - outbound leaving at 20:55 and return at 04:25.

Now it's a little over 4 weeks till we leave and we've had no word from Thomas Cook of any flight time changes, I'll try and ring them tomorrow but in the mean time has anyone else been notified of any changes?

I'll let you know the official word asap.

Dave

Reading, UK
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

Try looking again in May, as quite often the flight timetable in April are different form the rest of the summer season,

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

If it's a flight change of around 3 hours or less most tour ops don't advise of a change until tickets come in. Sorry, but I'd be surprised if you do get anything in writing until your tickets come in.

Northumberland UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

Well I rang Thomas Cook and at first they said no it's definitely 18:55, I asked them to look again and lo and behold it's was suddenly departing at 21:15.

Better late than never I suppose :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

Glad you got it sorted. Have a nice holiday.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

its a pain when they change the times and dont let you know anything.last year we only found out about our time change 9 days before we were due to fly.thats ok if you are driving to the airport but we had booked a minibus as there were 6 of us.when we rung driver up to tell us he couldnt fit us in as he had another job on and every other minibus firm was booked up.we ended up having to go to airport at midnight even though we didnt fly till 8am just so we could get there.i wish travel firms would consider us sometimes and let us know as soon as possible.glad your mind is put at ease now

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

Thomas Cook did the exact same to us last year when the Rhodes flight from Glasgow changed from one of the best flight times (an important factor for us) to the worst imaginable which was compounded by problems with our taxi transfer to Pefkos. Apparently a great many of the UK charter flights dont arrive or take off at Rhodes until stupid-o-clock as it is cheaper for the landing fees - or so it was alleged. Until such times as UK holiday makers make a stand and say we are not prepared to travel at these awful times, the Thomas Cook's of this world will continue to laugh as they pocket our cash.

7. Re: Filght Time Changes with Thomas Cook?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 20:21