We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

Overland Park...
7 posts
Save Topic
We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

Should we take the tour of Rhodes and Lindos or the old city and Philerimos? The cost is about the same.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes Daily Tours - Private Tours & Transfers
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Rhodes Taxi Airport Transfers
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Rhodes Island Private Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Melina Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

Hi there,

I have a possible solution but before I respond fully can I ask the following:

How many in your party?

What is the cost of the organised tour?

Not being nosey but it could make a difference.

Cheers

DAVE

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
175 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

Dave, I think amron means the cruise ship shore excursions.

For a seven hour stay the first choice will give you a quick snapshot of Rhodes basics.

If the second package gives you enough time in Old City and Rhodes Town, possibly free time to wander around by yourself, it is, in my opinion a better choice.

Save Lindos for your next visit to Rhodes!

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

Antonis,

Why I asked the questions is that it could be possible to visit Lindos and the Old Town on a "do it yourself" basis for the same cost. It obviously depends on what time they can disembark and what time they have to be back on board. I recall we had a similar question a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers

DAVE

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Overland Park...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

the packages are approximately the same price and duration. The one that includes Lindos has a short visit to a ceramic factory. We dock at 7am and depart at 2 pm. We probably will return in time to have lunch onboard.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

Amron,

If you dock at 7am you may not get off the ship until 8am? Your ship departs at 2pm so you will need to be back on board by 1pm? At the most you are going to have about 5/6 hours on Rhodes which is not much. The journey from Rhodes to Lindos by coach is a good 45 minutes each way. If you are also going to have a short visit to a ceramic factory you won't have much time in Lindos although it is a beautiful village with the Acropolis. But I doubt you'd have time to go up there or properly walk the narrow streets of the village.

Personally I think your best option is not to bother with any organised tour and just stick to Rhodes Old Town. Your ship will dock virually opposite the entrance to the Old Town and there is much to see there. Visit the Palace of the Grand Masters (6 euros) and that could take a good hour to walk around and contains a unique history of Rhodes. Walk down the Street of The Knights. Climb up the Clock Tower and see the views over the city and then the Grand Mosque.

Whilst it's the Old Town it is full of shops selling all sorts goods but shop around as prices vary. You can buy everything from lace tablecloths to ceramics, even suits of armour! It really is an amazing place with plenty of restaurants as well.

After the Old Town if you have time, walk around Mandraki Harbour and see the small fishing boats selling sponges and sea shells of all sizes. You could also visit the New Market which also has a selection of shops.

As I said earlier I would not recommend an organised coach trip as the coach will be going so fast you won't see anything. If you are impressed with old town, buy yourself one of the many good tourist guides available and if you're impressed book yourself a 2 week holiday on the island when you can really explore at your leisure.

Hope you have a super time anyway.

Cheers

DAVE

Antonis - do you think my adivce is correct?

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
6. Re: We will be in Rhodes about 7 hours on a Louis cruise.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes