We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Hi due to come in october to Kiotari was just looking for a bit of information on the weather and what the nightlife is liek if any?

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Hey,

Difficult one re the weather, it depends when in October u go. If its first 2 weeks u should c some decent weather especially as u will.be in southern rhodes. However, u stand a chance of rain, cloud at times.

Mid to late October weather has.been a bit strange the last few years. Mid October last yr saw 5 or 6 days of thunderstorms and rainy days followed by a week of sun up to Oct 27th.

When the suns out it will still b hot.

Not sure of nightlife, Kiotari tends to cater for the AI crowd so a lot of nightlife will centre around the hotels. As I havnt stayed there before, I am not sure of local restaurants/bars etc. Maybe someone else can help

Mart

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Thank you so much your help is really appreciated :)

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Hey

No worries

I used to live in yr neck of the woods years ago n would go to the beaches of Abadour n silver sands. Still back occasionally when I can.

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Hi,

As Mart says the weather in October can be changeable. I was there from 10 - 17 October last year and it did rain for 6 out of the 10 days. It was sometimes very locallised though. On one day there was a heavy thunderstorm in Lindos but Lardos and Kalathos had nothing. Still warm though.

Had a look at the officIal Rhodes guide I picked up in 2009 and according to that "there is a great range of fish restaurants, taverns and a supermarket situated around the chapel of St Sotiros in Kiotari Beach. The only restaurants advertised are The Lighthouse and Pelekan's Rest.

I used to go to Rosyth Dockyard for many years on business.Played golf at Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes, Pitievie and Dunfermiline. Lovely part of Scotland.

Cheers

DAVE

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Hey Dave

U on that strong knee medication dude, that's only 7 days :-)

My dad was based at Rosythe and then Faslane as a submariner so I lived in Helensburgh for a time and Dunfermiline. I lived on the Pitrivie estate and went to a school nearby.

WInters were brilliant with the snow and the Trossachs so close, fantastic part of the world. Soz for going off topic

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Hi Mart,

Spent a lot of time in Helensburgh when visiting Faslane and Coulport. Originally stayed at the Commodore but then moved to the Ardencaple. Spent many a good night in Helensburgh!

Cheers

DAVE

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

Hey,

I was a kid in Helensburgh, went to school in n area by a rail bridge on a road called Red Gauntlet Road, I think it was called Colgrain Primary school. Me ma used to take me to the seafront at Helensburgh to watch me dads sub sailing down the Clyde with all the crew on deck saluting cos they were going away for up to a year. Poignant!!!

Mart

8. Re: Kiotari - Weather & Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 09:22