We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest to rhodes town

Uk
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
nearest to rhodes town

Hi, will be coming to rhodes in september and had thought ixia a good place to stay for closeness to rhodes town (dont want to stay in RT as hotels all look a bit too 70's!)

however TA has suggested Kalithea because of its closeness to faliraki-says it has a little more personality than ixia

we are in our 50's but "young" -like a lively night, like local food-DO NOT want an AI hotel, love to eat out in greeek restaurants but also like 4-5 drinks in bars with some atmosphere. during day happy to stay by hotel or drive around island - want 3-4 evening in RT (meal & drinks via taxi journey) - i have a couple of hotels in mind and wondered if anyone could give feedback on location & better resort for us given our preferences

rodos palladium in kalithea or atlantica princess in ixia - had liked look of dionysos hotel ixia due to closeness to RT but looks a bit "in middle of nowhere"

greatful for feedback , particulalry re resort. i know Lindos is lovely but feel it may be a little too quiet for us? looking forward to people's suggestions!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest to rhodes town

Hi there

I would rather stay in Ixia and use Rhodes Town as my watering hole than stay in Kalithea and use Faliraki. Nothing against Faliraki but it just can't remotely compare to Rhodes Town/Old Town for atmosphere. history, shopping and sheer amount of things to see and do. There's a very regular bus service into R T from Ixia.

Having said that I doubt that Lindos would be "too quiet"- it has a unique atmosphere an it's location is second to none although of course, it's much farther to R T if that features strongly in your plans. It's not that far to R T from Kalithea so that might be the solution to your situation.

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest to rhodes town

Hi Jakmal,

As GB says think about Lindos as it had everything you're looking for .Loads of bars and tavernas that cater for all tastes. Also you are close to Pefkos and Lardos. Pefkos is lively but again has plenty of restaurants. Lardos is a quiet village but has several good restaurants and a few bars. Rhodes town is easy to get to by bus but a taxi would be expensive. You could go during the day and have a meal but I doubt the restaurants there would beat Lindos/Pefkos/Lardos.

Cheers

Dave

Uk
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest to rhodes town

thanks for your quick replies-a real spanner in the works -we have decided after looking at TA that Lindos would suit us -my main concern was that it looked small and there wouldnt be much to do (have visited for a day on cruise trip but didnt know it much) -reviews have given a real insight into the mnay bars & restaurants

just a couple of further questions --- is there an indian restaurant in lindos (hubby's question as he missed going to one in AG Nik last year!)

any recommendations-at least 4 star and fairly central, easy to get to good bars & restauarants

will take a day trip or 2 to RT and hopefully have enough night time choice to stay happily in Lindos

thanks for your guidance

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest to rhodes town

Hi Again,

Am not aware of an Indian Restaurant in Lindos but someone may know of one. There is only 1 four star plus hotel in Lindos itself and that is Lindos Melanos, very expensive. Lindos tends to have lots of Apartments in the village itself and many SC complexes on the outskirts at Krana. There are a couple of 4 star hotels about a mile away which would cost about 5 euros in a taxi. Try Lindos Mare or Lindos Blu which both have web sites.Further afield there is Lindos Memories or in Kalathos there is the Atrium Palace Resort and Spa.

Hope you find what you're after.

Cheers

Dave

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest to rhodes town

Sadly there is no Indian restaurant in the whole of Rhodes.

There was one called OM in Rhodes Town but that closed earlier this year.An Indian restaurant is one thing we miss living here. Thankfully we can get the likes of Patak sauces to make our own Indian meals

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: nearest to rhodes town

I would consider Aquagrand and Memories Hotels over Lindos Mare if you would like the option of walking to and from Lindos as there is a pavement. It's not a walk everybody chooses to do during the heat but many would walk quite happily (about 2 km) with a bit of a hill towards Lindos reception.

7. Re: nearest to rhodes town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes