We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes-August 2011

BEIRUT
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Rhodes-August 2011

Dear All,

Im visiting Rhodes this summer during august, please i need a summary about the following:

*best natural beach

*best taverna with live music

*good place to rent an atv/car with good prices and how much it costs the atv and the small car?

awaiting your early and helpful replies

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes-August 2011

Hi,

It would help if you told us where you are staying or is that not decided yet?

By best natural beach do you mean a good beach or a nudist beach. Sorry but they sound the same. Car hire shouldn't be a problem as long as you book early enough as August will be busy. There are plenty of local hire companies that tend to be cheaper than the multi nationals. Rodos Cars, Marathon or Galaxy. I've used Galaxy in the past and found them to be good and reasonably priced. You can get a quote from all of them on line. Do you mean ATV or MPV as I can't think of any use for a ATV really.

Cheers

Dave

BEIRUT
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes-August 2011

thank you for your quick reply.i ll be at rhodos town for sure and hotel not decided yet.i visited rhodes many times and the last time was in 2003,for that i am asking for details..i am coming with my wife from beirut,im greek,but coming with a travel agency for the 1st time for tht i wana know evrthng before i come in order not to loose time.thank u for ur help

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhodes-August 2011

Hi there

All the best sandy beaches are along the east coast although you will have a job to find anywhere to yourselves in August as the island will be full of visitors. As daiboy says, you really don't need an ATV, a regular car is more than sufficient as long as it has at least a 1.3 litre engine. Roads on the island are good and once south of Lardos on the east coast road, you can drive for miles and hardly see another vehicle. There are many totally undeveloped beaches along this stretch of coastline, miles and miles of sand with clear water.

BEIRUT
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhodes-August 2011

thank you for your replies

what about the other point:*best taverna with live music?

5. Re: Rhodes-August 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 05:30