We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strike 15th june!!!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Strike 15th june!!!

Just read another planned strike in Greece on the 15th june and its the air traffic controllers as well typical thats the day we fly out any updates anyone?

Em.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,295 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

It's too soon for definite confirmation, 24-48 hrs before is the usual timeframe for them to announce whether the strike will be for 4hrs, 24hrs etc. In the meantime it may even be deemed illegal.

Watch on here for accurate & regular updates,

http://livingingreece.gr/strikes/

Do not waste your time or money pestering your holiday company until an ATC strike (& it's duration) is confirmed, they won't confirm any change in flight arrangements until then.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

I had no intention of contacting my airline and I know that it can be called off,I only wanted people to be aware it is a possibility as they to could be travelling on the 15th thought that the forum was to keep people informed of what could be a potentially a possibility.

Em.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

charzip - you ended your post <<<updates anyone?>>> to which yiassas gave an informative reply that will allow anyone potentially affected or even remotely interested to get the best possible information without speculation, guesswork, rumour etc etc. No need to be ungrateful!

Fingers crossed for everyone affected that the strike is indeed called off.

Edited: 10 June 2011, 11:17
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

Hey Em

It seems u have taken offence to our Greek friends post, why?

The poster, who clearly is informed on these matters, was attempting to help you. How does he know what u do or do not know. Some useful information provided and a useful link designed to help you.

Don't know why he bothered.

Mart

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,295 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

I offered info on how to monitor updates without speculating on what might or might not happen, also some general advice as these threads usually get many replies along the lines of "I've been trying to get updates from Easyjet, TC or whoever & they say they don't know of any strike". Just pointing out for everyone else's benefit that this is the case until there are CONFIRMED strike dates & durations involving the ATC.

You asked for updates, I gave them, not sure why I bother to try & be helpful sometimes.

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

Yiassas

you carry on being helpful, not everyone is as touchy or ungrateful as the OP, and your advice and info are spot on

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

Please carry on being helpful it is much appreciated.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

No need to contact any airline. The day before any strike they will post travel information on their web sites.

Desford, United...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Strike 15th june!!!

Keep up the good work Yiassas

Edited: 10 June 2011, 18:58
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor