We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather conditions

Ohio
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weather conditions

We are taking a cruise on a small motor yacht the first week of September. We are supposed to sail along Aegean coast in Turkey and stop at Rhodes and Patmos. Does the weather commonly interfere with saling between Turkish coast and Rhodes/Patmos? I worry that our itenarary will be disrupted.

Mentioned in this post
Patmos
Patmos
Dodecanese, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather conditions

Hey

I have often taken cruises along the Turkish Aegean coastline and over to Symi and Kos on a traditional Turkish gulet at that time of year and later.

Naturally, I dont know the size of the "small motor yacht" yr cruising on for comparison to a gulet, but regardless of this, I shouldn't think that u will experience many problems during the first week in September.

Mart

Mentioned in this post
Symi
Symi
Dodecanese, Greece
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Peterborough...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather conditions

we are going to rhodes in the middle of october we are worried about the weather .is it still going to be warm.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather conditions

Hey

Difficult to say, from 13th to 20th Oct last year, weather was consistently poor, unusually so. However, from 20th to 27th it was beautiful 26 degrees.

Rhodes summer season is longer than most so it remains warm, but rain n storms are a possibility.

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather conditions

Hi,

As Mart says the weather in early October last year was a bit wet. I was there from 10 to 20 October and there were 4 fantastic thunderstorms. It was still hot though, about 26c. Mart will correct me but I think when he went out in May it wasn't the normal weather. How do you predict the weather these days as it's supposed to be 30c in London today (sunday).

You'll enjoy anyway.

Cheers

Dave

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather conditions

Hey

All October regulars are hoping last year was a one off. In previous 'mid Octobers', you could easily experience 10/11 hot sunny days out of 14 with a few days cloud/rain/storm. It is still hot enough to swim in pools/sea and come back with a very good tan.

Dave's right, I experienced some mixed weather earlier this year. This is again unusual for Rhodes even early season. The locals have all commented on strange weather patterns the last few years.

Go in October and have a great time, you have a very good chance of plenty of sunny days and it will still b hot. If u get the odd poor day just make the most of it. Your on holiday.

Enjoy

Mart

6. Re: weather conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 02:17