We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What currency is best to take to Rhodes

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What currency is best to take to Rhodes

With the recent Greece Euro problems, has anyone travelled there on holiday recently and what currency did you use please

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

Polish zloty lol

Honestly now, what kind of question is this?

Of course Euro.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

Well, I wish I could use monopoly money, but I have to stick to spending my euros!

If you mean what currency should you bring (ie; change it in the UK or here in Greece) then it's a gamble either way. You buy it all now, at what is a pretty poor rate, or you wait & hope it goes up while you're here, but it could just as well stay roughly the same, or go down further. If any of us knew which it would do we could make a few bob on it!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

12345worldtraveller

I am not sure if the zog is legal tender anywhere but on your planet but you might get a decent exchange rate against the Euro if you hurry.

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

Hi 123worldtraveller,

Just returned from Rhodes. Took Euros.

Had some Sterling on me as well so when when I was running low, the last couple of days, got a decent Euro rate at the bank when exchanging even taking commission into account.

Regards.

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

just bring euros, or take money out of an atm when you need to. exchange rates change all the time, and at the moment are not very good, so you take your chance, its the same for everyone, including us who live here

Hinckley, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

I took Euros in cash as most transactions are done with cash. I also took a credit card for a just in case situation.

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

At the beginning of June the best rate that I saw for exchanging Sterling in Rhodes town was at the small bureau on the left at the top of Socrates Street, as you go up. No comission was charged either.

8. Re: What currency is best to take to Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 01:15