We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strategic airlines

Manchester
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Strategic airlines

Hi

I have just booked a holiday to Rhodes in October and have checked the reviews for Strategic Airlines on other sites (as I have not heard of them before) - they are not good. Has anyone any experience of flying with them from Rhodes/Manchester?

thanks for your help.

Liane

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strategic airlines

Hi,

If you look in the Lindos Forum for June you'll find a few posts on Strategic.

Cheers

Dave

Manchester
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strategic airlines

Hi

many thanks - I have looked at these posts - hopefully the flights will be OK.

Liane

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strategic airlines

Hi,

I flew to Corfu from Gatwick with Strategic on 18/7/11 and had a lenthgy delay of 6 hours. We were kept informed at all times and fed and watered as per Euro regulations. A free bar was offered as an apology after we had taken off.

The return flight was uneventful, getting back to Gatwick 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Good crew, good service, old plane.

I have flown with many airlines, many more worse than Strategic. The delay was unfortunate but was handled well, again I have had longer delays with other airlines that have been handled appallingly.

Strategic are getting a lot of flack on the net, they are only just starting up in the UK and have helped Olympic Holidays at short notice. They only have 3 aircraft which in itself can lead to problems. But, with all the airline consolidation and failures in recent years the UK market needs new entrants for increased competition and hopefully better prices for us punters.

Cheers

Stuart

4. Re: Strategic airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes