We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays 4 u - no longer

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays 4 u - no longer

Hey

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I've just heard on the BBC that the company has folded.

I hope it doesn't affect to many of u :-(

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

Hey

The administrators have gone online with the following contact numbers for the CAA (Im assuming this is the Civil Aviation Authority):

From the UK: 0844 4933 037

From abroad: +44 161 444 5810

On-line: www atol.org.uk

It goes on to say that the company is ATOL protected and refunds should b possible

Mart

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,966 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

I belive this company only did holidays/flights to Turkey

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

Hey

Sorry to post again, just found out that they mainly serviced Turkey with Aegean Air so hopefully no one will b affected with regards Rhodes.

I still feel sorry for those travelling there or staying there.

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

Hey Trev

Yeah, just found out and was posting at a similar time to you. They also use Aegean Flights as opposed to Aegean Air.

Just checked the Turkey forum and it looks like many have been affected, such a shame after Goldtrail went bust last year

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

Hi Mart,

I also feel for those affected. I went with XL to my son's wedding in 2008 and they went belly up on the Friday, we were travelling back on the Saturday. Trying to get information was a nightmare but we were lucky and managed to get on a special charter flight. I know of others who were not so lucky, especially those who had just booked flights as they were not covered and had to fund there own way back.

Cheers

Dave

Dudley West Midlands
Level Contributor
320 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

Hiya Dave! I was also in Lindos when XL went bust. I still had another week of my holiday left. I had originally flown from Manchester, but had to fly back into Bristol. Luckily my brother offered to pick me up from Bristol Airport otherwise I would have been coached to Manchester and then would of had to get myself back to the midlands.

I was also on holiday in Lindos when Goldensun went bust in 2004. That time though just flew back on same plane at same time to the aiport I had flown from (Birmingham) .

Annie

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

I too was on holiday when XL went down - in Crete. We were a week into our fortnight's holiday. Fortunately the CAA flew us back to our airport of origin (Bristol) on the day we would have flown back anyway. There was another couple on our flight who flew from Newcastle, so they had a long coach journey back up ahead of them.

Of course it was the XL Group that went down which included Kosmar. In our resort many people were thrown out on the street if they had booked a Kosmar holiday as soon as the news filtered through. Some were walking around in tears with their cases looking for a place to stay and some had almost ran out of money if they were near the end of their holiday - I felt so sorry for them.

The people who I feel most sorry for are the ones who had travelled to the airport to find they had no holiday to go to. I saw a family on the news last night at Manchester airport with all their cases and they only found out when they arrived at the airport. One of the children and the mother were in tears - how terrible for them!

This is a sign of the times I'm afraid and it won't be the last to go down. I'm so glad that I travel independently nowadays, booking my accom and flights directly with no tour operator, online booking company etc involved. At least I am able to take that issue out of the equation which gives me peace of mind.

I do hope that all those out there get back ok without any serious curtailment to their holiday and that those who are yet to go are able to book another suitable alternative holiday and get their money back soon for the holiday they never went on.

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

Hi npj60,

We were with Kosmar but luckily we were leaving the following day and Lambis Studios were fantastic although they were owed over 200K€. Other S/C complexes in the Krana area were not so kind and withheld peoples passports until they paid for their accommodation themselves.Police involved as well so not good. Hopefully that doeasn't happen to those involved now.

Dave

9. Re: Holidays 4 u - no longer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 00:18