We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go in Rhodes?

w62
London
Level Contributor
840 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
where to go in Rhodes?

I am looking for a traditional pretty resort. Doesn't have to be very big and not fussed about nightclubs. Just a few taverna restaurants and a few relaxing bars. Ideally we would like the resort to be on the sea front - eg restaurants along the beach or harbour as opposed to those inland 'strips' which I am not very fond of. We don't want a place filled with British pubs and karaoke bars either.

Is there anywhere that fits the bill?

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

Hey

Haraki sounds perfect for you. It has everything u wish for. Check it out on yr search engine and see what u think.

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

Hey

And of course use the TA search and review facilities to check out Haraki

Mart

w62
London
Level Contributor
840 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

Thanks for the quick response. I will have a look at it.

w62
London
Level Contributor
840 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

w62
London
Level Contributor
840 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

Hi,

As Mart says Haraki sounds ideal for you. Some good accommodations and a great selection of tavernas on a small "promenade" overlooking the beach and bay. The beach at Haraki is very stoney but very near by is Agathi beach. The only proviso to staying in Haraki is the need to hire a car as there are only 2 buses a day from the actual village. Otherwise you will have a long walk to get the bus at the Main Rhodes/Lindos road. You can hire cars in the village. Taxis would be an expensive option.

Hope this helps

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

hi...... must agree with mart we love haraki been 3 times you will not be disapointed there ........happy holidays.....

wendy

w62
London
Level Contributor
840 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

It sounds great. If we just wanted to stay in Haraki, I presume there are enough tavernas etc to keep us happy? Car would be used for a bit of sight seeing but we wouldn't go out for dinner anywhere else in the evening.

Are there any villas for rental around the area?

We stayed in as studio in Andros, Batsi last year which was fine for me but OH missed his pool and villa and so that's why we are trying somewhere else this year - as it's his turn!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

hi........ yes there is enough bars resteraunts/taverna's for a two week holiday without having to drive at night. When we were last there a few years ago there was only 1 accomadtion with a pool that was alia 1 but beach and sea more than make up for that.Don't no about villas to rent but Mart might do when he comes on he is more of an expert in the area than i am hop this helps.......

wendy

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to go in Rhodes?

Have a look at this web site dedicated to the resort

www.haraki.co.uk

Get answers to your questions about Rhodes