We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Rhodes?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Rhodes?

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out what part of Rhodes to stay in. I will be travelling there with 3 girlfriends next year and have no idea where to book! We are young and would like to be near the beach in a location amoungst the action.

If you could recommend what part of Rhodes to stay in and possibly good hotel experiences there that would be fantastic!

Thank you, Jemma

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

Hi Jemmab, Rhodes is such a lovely island, There are many places to choose from. I personally love Lindos with it's twisty cobbled streets, rooftop restaurants, many bars and of course the famous acropolis. and sugar cube whitewashed houses and 2/3 lovely beaches. You can stay in the village in studios and pensions but you won't get a pool. Also the village is a Unesco heritage site so no traffic is allowed. ( only donkeys ) which take people up and down to the Acropolis. I stayed in the Krana area above the village where there are many good apartments/complexes with swimming pools. It's about a ten /fifteen minute walk from there down in to the village but there is a free bus at the top of the hill to take you down in to the village. Then there is Rhodes medeival walled old town which is also beautiful and a good base for getting to other parts of the island. Plenty of hotels to choose from and lots to see and do with it.s gorgeous harbours. You could also stay in the new town which also offers a lot. Most young people head for Faliraki which has a gorgeous beach and is lively, though not as raucous as it used to be and ther are a good choice of hotels/apartments and lots to do and you can easily get around with local transport . You'll have guessed that I absolutely love Rhodes and would thoroughly recommend to everyone. It's an island with something for all ages. Good luck with whatever you choose & hope this helps.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

Hi Jemma

You seem to be posting exactly the same question on a lot of different forums, does this mean that you are unsure of where to go at the moment or that you are going Island hopping meaning you are spending a small amount of time in each place?

A bit more info would probably help you get the answers you require.

Cheers

Stu

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

Hi Jemma

It also depends upon what you term as "being amongst the action"? if you want out and out fun with people of your own age, then Faliraki would probably be the best bet, if you want lively without being OTT, you could look at Pefkos and Lindos. As Stu says, if you could give us a bit more to go on, we can help for sure.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

Based on your suggested preferences your best location in my opinion would be Rhodes Town.

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

The beaches in Rhodes town aren't good at all really, all just stones on Elli beach and 'town beach' is too small and the water isn't that nice.

For a combination of beach and action/nightlife you want to head to Faliraki, I'm biased as it's where I live and work :)

Depends how old you are and how mad you want to go....

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

I guess Faliraki would be the best place for you if you want to be somewhere where there is action. It's the place for groups of young people to go.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

rollergirl52

What do you know about Faliraki ?

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

Hey

Jenna, can u tell us a little more about what u n the girls r looking for?

Is it all about nightlife, good beach, sleeping it off by a pool and starting all over again the next night but with no culture/history?

Is it somewhere cosmopolitan with history, culture, great restaurants n bars, wide range of trips without being too manic with ok beaches?

Is it fantastic beaches, laid back but with enough nightlife to keep u interested and in a fantastic picturesque location?

These generic descriptions relate to Falaraki, Rhodes Town n Lindos respectively! From the info u provided, realistic recommendations are difficult to make.

Tell us more girl :-)

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

Hey

Sorry I meant 'Jemma'

Mart

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Rhodes?

Tpebop, do you always have to be so antagonistic? Rollergirl, may or may not have a great knowledge of Faliraki but that's her opinion.

I know you seem keen to promote Faliraki as the latest 'grab a granny' destination but high summer it always has been and looks like it always will be, a young, party resort. Especially if based in the centre near Club and Bar Streets.