We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked for May 12

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booked for May 12

Hey

My resistance has crumbled!

Just booked the Avra from 9th to 30th May 2012 with EJ from Lpool. Its gonna be a 3 week blowout before I move over the water.

Surprisingly good deal with Olympic, £340 excluding transfer which will cost about £22 return. Lindos Gardens was coming in at £435 for the 3 weeks as well. Fantastic deal!

I know the Avra is not everyone's cup of tea, but its my favourite basic hang-out for main beach heaven. :-)

Might see a few of ya over there this time, strikes allowing lol.

Mart

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked for May 12

Wahoo!!! Now the countdown begins! :D

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked for May 12

Hi Mart,

That's super news. I am due to fly out on 20 May for 2 weeks so hopefully we will meet for a beer or 3. In fact it's my birthday on 25 May so we start for happy hour in Lardos at Dreams and get the 7.30 bus back to Lindos to continue. Not booked accommodation yet but looking at Blue Sky. Can't seem to get the same prices as you from Gatwick or Bristol.

Cheers

Dave

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked for May 12

Hey Dave

I thought you were out there in May some time. It might be an idea getting your acccomodation sorted soon dude, especially if you are considering Blue Sky cos, as you know, they are fantastic and very popular.

Yep, a birthday bevvie sounds like a plan to me and a mooch into Lardos sounds good for a change. It will be my first visist to the village in 18 months so really looking forward to it.

Hope you enjoyed yr nightcap

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked for May 12

Hi Mart,

Lindos Blue Sky booked and deposit payed. Michael has been really helpful. Will start counting down after the New Year.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Cheers

Dave

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked for May 12

Hey Dave

Cool, Blue Sky sorted, happy days!

Hope I get the invite up there for a sherbert or two, in return you are welcome to come down to the delights of the Avra, lol, especially if I get the apartment I have asked for - 1, 2 or 3 overlooking the main beach by Nefeli beach taverna, fantastic location. Despite that, Lardos happy hour it is for your birthday dude. Have a great xmas and New Year!

To all other regulars and others who love Lindos and all other locations on Rhodes, have a fantastic xmas and an even better New Year, all the best folks :-)

Mart

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked for May 12

Hi

I go to Rhodes every year but have never yet been in May!

I am thinking about going out there around the 9th

What is the weather and temperature like?

Thanks for your help

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked for May 12

Have a look here

www.holiday-weather.com/rhodes/averages/may

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked for May 12

Hey

Rhodes weather is beginning to start to settle down by the middle of the 2nd week in May. You may still get some cloud and some rain but temps are on the rise and u should get more sunny days than cloudy days.

Where r u staying on Rhodes? I was in the South from 27 April to 22 May this year and by 7th to 9th May temps started hitting 27 to 30 with some cloud now and again. By 14th onwards it was 30 plus in Pekfos/Lindos and by the time I left it was 33 plus easily.

Mart

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked for May 12

Hi Mart

I will be staying on the west of the island near Maritsa, I know it will be cooler than the south.

But then as long as its warm enough to sit on the beach that will be good enough for me. And let's face it, it's going to be hotter than the uk!

Edited: 23 December 2011, 19:25
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked for May 12

Hey

Sounds good! A little cooler than the South East but still loads of sun, good breeze n yep, far better than the UK.

Have a great time and happy xmas

Mart