We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pefkos in late June/early July

Sunderland, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pefkos in late June/early July

Hi - I'm going to Pefkos for 2 weeks at the end of June, and from everything I've heard on this and other sites I'm really looking forward to it! Can anyone give me a rough idea of prices for essentials - you know, beer etc.? And can anyone tell me if they've ever had a problem here with jellyfish? I've got a major phobia of them and need to know if I should be avoiding the sea!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,717 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pefkos in late June/early July

Jellyfish have never been a problem in Rhodes so you've no worries there!

Beers, etc in a bar you will find to be a bit cheaper than the UK but wine, beer, etc in a supermarket is about 1/2 the price you pay here. I find a night out including a decent meal in Rhodes costs the same as a Saturday night on the town in Derby (just drinking), city centre prices being crazy as they are now!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
606 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pefkos in late June/early July

I was in pefkos lasy august and will be back again this august,never saw any jelly fish, you will love the place.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pefkos in late June/early July

hiya

I spent 7 months in Pefkos and didn't see 1 jellyfish! The sea is clear so you can keep an eye out for them too.

Beer is about 2 Euros or so for a large one but spirits can be around 4 or 5 Euros depending on where you drink. Cocktails more expensive again. Eating out is quite reasonable as there are so many restaurants there. The Indian at the end of the main street betters anything i have tasted both here and abroad.

At Harrys on the main street, the Chilli is outstanding. They also do a great breakfast.

If you are self catering then general food can be pretty pricey. it's about 2 Euros for a can of soup! Eating out is much cheaper.

Please go to Lindos while you are there. Lindos is very pretty and has loads of restaurants. You eat on the rooftops and get fantastic views of the place. Try Kalypso's for a great greek meal with friendly staff.

It will cost you about 5 Euros to get to Lindos in a taxi.

Hope this helps!

lesley

Sunderland, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pefkos in late June/early July

Thanks everyone who replied - feel much better now I know i won't be eaten by jellyfih! Anyone else got any tips/recommendations/advice?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pefkos in late June/early July

You probably know it's going to be stinking hot. More so down the south of the island. I'd suggest you get in a routine akin to the Greek lifestyle...get up very early, sleep in the afternoon, try to get in the sea at least once a day, stay out of the midday sun. And, take an early morning walk to the next little town/village called Lardos. Sit in the square having a coffee and watch the pace of life crawl into slow motion. Loads of good places to eat in Pefkos. As I said, it will be hot.

Sunderland, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pefkos in late June/early July

I can't be 100% sure, but I'm fairly convinced you've just described heaven!