We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast to rhodes

lindoslover55
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Belfast to rhodes

Hi ,

was just wondering if anyone would know what would be the best and cheapest route to take from belfast to rhodes? I know there are no longer any direct flights.

Thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast to rhodes

Hi there

A flight to Athens, if Athens is available from Belfast, and then either an Olympic or Aegean 50 min domestic flight to either Iraklion or Chania in Crete, depending upon whereabouts on the island you want to stay. Aegean in partuiclar often have seat sales but you have to be quick. I've snapped up fares to Crete from Athens for as little as €55 return so sign up for their email alerts.

http://en.aegeanair.com/

This link gives all domestic flights in Greece, you can see how many daily flights there are from Athens to Crete

www.aia.gr/flight_schedule/domestic_en.htm

Edited: 28 March 2012, 12:13
lindoslover55
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast to rhodes

unfortunately no direct flights to athens either!:(

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast to rhodes

Hey

With sufficient planning ahead, Easyjet from Belfast to Liverpool and a choice of Ryan Air or Easyjet from Liverpool to Rhodes. A lot of the cheap flights for 2012 will have been booked, however, if planning for 2013. The trick is to monitor EJ n RA 2013 flight releases, probably in Oct to Dec 2012 to secure great prices.

For example, I got an EJ Lpool/Rhodes return flight with baggage for £80. Ryan Air are a little more expensive but still a lot cheaper than UK to Rhodes charter carriers.

Hope this makes sense.

Mart

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belfast to rhodes

Ryanair were offering some very cheap fares from East Midlands this summer as it's a new route. Might be worth a look.

lindoslover55
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Belfast to rhodes

the flights from east midlands are great!jus hope i can get flights to there now!:) thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belfast to rhodes

Apologies, I was also answering a question for Crete and put "Crete" in my reply rather than Rhodes.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belfast to rhodes

On 8th February Olympic Holidays announced direct flights Belfast to Rhodes. From May 25 to September 14

lindoslover55
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Belfast to rhodes

I have went on the website and they aren't coming up. I also emailed them and the response said they didn't have any flights from belfast to rhodes in 2012. Do you know where you can book them?

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belfast to rhodes

Hey

Not that I know for certain but upon checking this, it appears that there are flights from Belfast to Rhodes with Olympic Holidays from 16th June 2012. Its worthwhile pursuing, ring them and insist on speaking to someone!

PS, I found this announced on Belfast City Airport Website, google it.

Mart

Edited: 28 March 2012, 22:01
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Belfast to rhodes

Hey

Forgot to add, it appears OH are using Aegean Airlines, only announced 12 hours ago by Belfast Airport website!!

M

Edited: 28 March 2012, 22:15