We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wind???

Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wind???

So, how windy is the West Coast really? I probably live in the windest place in the world. And, would that require more clothing in the evenings? I'll be in the Rhodes Town/Ixia/Trianda areas mostly toward the end of June.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wind???

Yes, it's a persistant westerly wind in Rhodes the Meltemi. Any weather site with statistics will show that. The sea is relatively cool in June thus it is a relatively cool wind as well.

You'll notice it on the west coast road and beaches, and west coast road of Rhodes town, but not much in the rest of Rhodes town and in the rest of the island because of high buildings or hills/mountains.

you may require an extra layer in the evening if it's very windy.

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

http://www.sailingissues.com/meltemi.html

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wind???

I lived on that side of the island for several months over a couple of years. Yes It's always windy and early/late season the breeze might feel cool but not by end of June, so no extra layers needed. My parents first visit was Ixia in June and even in the breeze, my father struggled with the heat.

Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wind???

Perfect! Thank you Marcus. It is 23 degrees here today & the wind is wild. Heavy doors @ the stores are blowing open.

Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wind???

And, from my house I can see that the ocean is full of white caps. I'll be OK I'm sure ;)

Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wind???

Thanks to Retired_Hippy as well. I had a look @ the links & was a little worried there.

6. Re: Wind???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes