We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes in November

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Rhodes in November

My wife and I will be travelling to Rhodes in early November for one week. I know that is the beginning of the winter season and that the ferry schedules will be more limited. We have a hotel in the old town, and would like to visit and sightsee Rhodes City and Lindos. I hear that Lindos really closes down during that period. We would also like to visit Symi if the ferry is running and the weather permits. Is one week too long in Rhodes in early November? One alternative would be to bite the bullet, bypass the ferry, and fly to another island for a few days.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes in November

Base yourself in Rhodes Town and you'll be fine. Sure, some bars, restaurants and tourist shops will be closed but there will also be plenty open. Little open in Lindos but you'll still find the odd bar, somewhere to eat, etc.

Off season can be a lot quieter but It's a great time for getting out and about without the summer crowds.

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes in November

Marcus - thanks for your advice!

3. Re: Rhodes in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 10:18