We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to move on to?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
201 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Where to move on to?

Hi, staying in Lindos at present, with my husband. We chose the Aquagrand, and whilst there s nothing specifically wrong with the hotel, it has made us realise a few things! Too far outside of the action, ie. Lindos itself! We do not want to trek or take taxis everywhere and the hotel itself s a bit quiet at night &very expensive to drink.

So..... We need advice for our second week, which we have nothing booked. We fancy Rhodes town, but I also like a pool/beach fr the daytime. We also like to have a kitchen, just for breakfast and lunch.

Is Ixia, somewhere to consider?

Any advice/recommendations welcome!

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to move on to?

if you think you would enjoy being in Lindos stay in the village on a self catering basis. Eat out at a different restaurant each night and emjoy a swim in the sea close by...or consider negotiating a price at Melenos Hotel for a luxurious touch.Consider Ixia or Faliraki/Kalithea for a large hotel with an easier access to Rhodes Town.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to move on to?

Agree with Jo.... try moving somewhere within the village itself and sample it's local delights, 2.50 euros (large beer) at Billys and 2.50 euros at Dimitri's restaurant for a main course ;-) (gyros)

You could always try Lindos Athena up on Krana, great pool, cheap drinks, fantastic craic (crack) and not too far from the action, just a short walk down 'cardiac hill' ;-)

Seriously though, cardiac hill is NOT as bad as people make out!

Edited: 08 September 2012, 22:22
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to move on to?

Hey

Or try www.exclusivelylindos.com to check out a lot of the independent properties in the village itself. I agree with Jo/Andy, stay in the village and experience the full flavour of what Lindos has to offer.

Mart

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,235 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to move on to?

If It's Rhodes Town you fancy then I'd base yourselves in Rhodes Town itself. Ixia isn't a bad resort but like the Aquagrand it puts you a little out of the action.

5. Re: Where to move on to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:15