We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A quiet resort on Rhodes

northamptonshire
Level Contributor
39 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
A quiet resort on Rhodes

Can anyone recommend a quiet resort on Rhodes for 2 ladies of a certain age on a budget? We like small family hotels. a sandy beach, a choice of tavernas and shops and a place to unwind with cocktails. And of course a nice bakery! Access to explore Rhodes town would be good.

Many thanks.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A quiet resort on Rhodes

Hi there

I've always liked Stegna, it's a peaceful little place, grit/sand beach, some bars and restaurants but nothing rowdy at all. The only slight issue is that it sits at the bottom of a helter-skelter road that leads down to the coast from the busy town of Archangelos, I believe that a couple of buses per day do drop down into Stegna as they go through Archangelos but if you miss those, or the times aren't convenient, then you'd have to take a cab up to Archangelos from where you can then catch a bus to Rhodes Town ( north) or Lindos ( south).

Of course, it depends when you want to go, if it's in May, early June or September/October, then many more places will be quieter than they are in the peak visitor months of late June through to end August

Mentioned in this post
Stegna
Stegna
Rhodes, Greece
Archangelos
Archangelos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Leeds
Level Contributor
222 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A quiet resort on Rhodes

I was going to recommend Stegna too! I've heard good things about Haraki, there's a shingle beach at the resort but a sandy one about 15-20 mins walk away I believe. I rather like Pefkos as it has a lovely beach but it may be a bit too busy for your tastes and it is 45k or so from Rhodes Town although a bus goes regularly, in 2012 it was 11euros for both of us (one way), and there are tours. If you are going in the hottest months I'd recommend a late afternoon / early evening start to your vists, it gets really hot!

Mentioned in this post
Stegna
Stegna
Rhodes, Greece
Haraki
Haraki
Rhodes, Greece
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A quiet resort on Rhodes

Hi again

Haraki would fit the bill too and as Kathy says, the lovely beach at Agathi is within easy reach, and it is better than the beach at Stegna. Just be aware that it's a very rocky track down to Agathi beach, take it easy in the car.

Stegna

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157609247244132

Agathi

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157627688499106

Mentioned in this post
Haraki
Haraki
Rhodes, Greece
Stegna
Stegna
Rhodes, Greece
4. Re: A quiet resort on Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:15