We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electric sockets#

dorset UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
electric sockets#

HI will my two pin travel plug adapters i use in spain be the ok in rhodes hotels.. first time here in october .. thanks t/c ~~ John

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
180 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: electric sockets#

Hi there,

It is 2 pin, our Danish plugs work fine. I think the 2 pin is common, just UK with 3 pin:-)

Janice

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,476 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: electric sockets#

Your Two pin travel plug adaptor is a "European" adaptor and should work anywhere in Europe (except the UK!)

dorset UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: electric sockets#

Many thanks, Just thought i'd check , when we went to Cyprus it was our 3 pin lol . we are stopping at the Ibiscus by eli beachm etc~~ never been before > presume currency is easy to change like in spain~ ? thanks for the hepp t/c John .

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: electric sockets#

Currency is easy to change as long as you have valid ID i.e. your passport or driver's license

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,547 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: electric sockets#

Currency is easy to change, but you will get a better rate using a debit card at an ATM.

Cape Town Central...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: electric sockets#

Im from South Africa, Can you use two pin equipment like my phone charger that has a voltage of 240v in Greece? Will it fit in the socket? and is the voltage ok to?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,476 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: electric sockets#

Hi Johanna,

Voltage is OK. Check in a suitable shop in South Africa about fitting. or ask on the" travel gadgets and gear forum" where the experts are!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12530-Travel…

Bob

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: electric sockets#

All Europe (including the UK) is nominally 230v, actual supply voltage may vary between 220v and 240v, and this is within the tolerance for things like phone chargers. From photos I've seen of South African 2 pin plugs, they should fit in the sockets in use in Greece. Lots of Euro standard chargers look similar.

Dimensions would help here.

The three pin ones definitely won't work anywhere in Europe (unless you can find somewhere in Britain, Ireland or Cyprus that still has a 1950s or earlier electrical installation, and if they do I'd go elsewhere before something catches fire)

9. Re: electric sockets#

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:20