We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries from Rhodes to Bodrum

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries from Rhodes to Bodrum

We want to get from Rhodes to Bodrum to join a gulet cruise we have booked. The cruise departs Bodrum at 1530 on Monday 21 07 14. What's the best option? Ferry Rhodes - Kos then Kos - Bodrum? I can't seem to find anything direct from Rhodes to Bodrum on Mondays. Appreciate any advice!

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries from Rhodes to Bodrum

I believe the ferry only goes on a sunday at 5.00pm from Rhodes harbour to Bodrum but i'm unsure of the return,i don't think it's a frequent service and the cost is around €100.00 return p.p. and the sailing time is around 2 hours 30minutes.

Marmaris in Turkey might well be a better bet as the ferries from Rhodes Town-Marmaris are fairly frequent and cost and sailing time considerably less.There are many gulet cruises out of Marmaris.

But as you've already booked from Bodrum i suppose the Marmaris option is out,just a thought.

Hope this helps in some way.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries from Rhodes to Bodrum

Thanks for that Scaffolder. The Sunday evening ferry might suit us very well, as we'd be able to stay in Bodrum Sunday night and join our cruise next day. We have a couple of days at the end of our cruise to more fully explore Bodrum before we join a group traveling up to Istanbul. It's 30 years since I've been in this neck of the woods. Can I assume we'll be able to buy ferry tix just prior to departure?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries from Rhodes to Bodrum

It's basically a day excursion boat from Bodrum to Rhodes and back, with a ferry licence so any spare seats can be sold to one-way travellers. As such in high season there will always be a risk that there are no spare seats on the day. I'd suggest booking a few days before departure, which will bypass most of the daytrippers. It should be possible to book on line and collect the tickets in Rhodes before departure.

Even via Kos you will need to leave Rhodes on the Sunday as there are morning and afternoon sailings from Kos to Bodrum. You would need to use the morning one (around 09:00) to be in time for your gulet departure.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries from Rhodes to Bodrum

Phil,have a wee look at travelshopturkey and get a link for the ferry service your after.I'm fairly sure you can book online,but it might depend on when the ferry schedule and prices come out for next year.I'm sure someone here onT.A. will know the answer to that.

Edited: 14 December 2013, 08:56
5. Re: Ferries from Rhodes to Bodrum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 05:18