We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry bookings on line

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry bookings on line

Hi

We're travelling to Tilos and then on to halki and back to Rhodes in June. A few years ago we booked our ferry on line but still had to go to the agent to pick up actual tickets. Has anyone booked on line and just printed off the ticket?

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry bookings on line

You still have to get your ticket from an agent,printing at home is not possible at the moment but maybe sometime...

Edited: 19 January 2014, 20:07
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry bookings on line

In the 1990s there were several scandals about ferries sailing with up to 40% more people on board than the ship was licensed for (and had lifeboats/liferafts for). There was also a ferry sinking where nobody was certain how many people were actually on board or who they were. The present national standard ticket system was introduced in the early 2000s and there have been no problems since. Given the history I can't see anyone in Greece being keen to change it.

Is there a particular problem (eg times, agency location) with picking tickets up?

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry bookings on line

Thanks for both replies. No it's not a real problem to pick up from the agent just would have been nice to print off. We're in Rhodes the day before we travel so will pick up then. I always feel better if we've got the ferries booked just in case there is suddenly a big demand. I know it's early in the season but l do like to be organised!

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry bookings on line

Another question - can we pick up all 3 tickets at the same time e.g. Rhodes to Tilos, Tilos to Halki, Halki to Rhodes? All legs are with the same company?

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry bookings on line

I am pretty sure that will be no problem especially as they are all with the same operator

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry bookings on line

Given that it must be Dodekanisos Seaways, as no-one else serves all 3 islands. The answer is definitely yes, you can pick up all the tickets from their quayside office at Kolonna Harbour and there's no need to do this until about 30 minutes before the first sailing on your itinerary unless you really want to. I'd recommend booking directly on their website. You get email confirmations for each booking, and can also apply for a loyalty card that gives 10% discount - perhaps do this first!

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry bookings on line

Andy

Thanks for your help especially about the loyalty card. Yes we have planned to go on the D. Express.

Kind regards

Kath

8. Re: Ferry bookings on line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:19