We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stegna

Horsham, England
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stegna

Hi, I am planning a trip to Rhodes in August for my 15 year old daughter and I. We want somewhere fairly quiet but with a few shops and tavernas to walk around in the evening. Stegna looks nice but does anyone know how much there is in the town? Also, I don't want to hire a car or bike so is there a decent bus service to get anywhere? Thanks :)

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stegna

Hi.

Stegna is a small fishing village with several good tavernas and restaurants. However without a car don't even consider it. There is just 1bus a day to and from Rhodes Town and the times are awfull! Have a look at Pefkos or Lindos. Pefkos is the cheaper of the two. Have a look at the Coralli at Pefkos as it would be ideal for you and your daughter. Unfortunately there are many lovely small villages on Rhodes but you need a car!

Hope this helps a bit

Cheers

Dave

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stegna

We enjoyed our holiday there and found the residents and visitors alike very friendly, everyone said "Kalimera" or "Good Morning" or smiled when you passed and in the evening people in the tavernas chatted no matter what their nationality. Other than the beach, daytime activities are very limited unless you are a walker, there is only one bus at 08.45 which goes to Rhodes via Kolympia and Faliraki and returns mid afternoon. We walked for three days, relaxed on the beach for one and hired a car for our last day.

The start of some of the hiking trails have been destroyed by the construction of the road which runs at the back and we struggled to find the path to Archangelos despite knowing the position from previous visits, it is now up an 8 foot "cliff", hopefully the new access will become obvious with use. For anyone thinking of walking there, look out for the two boulders and head for the small tree to the right, the second tree on the edge marks the start of the trail. It is a very pleasant walk with great views of Stegna Bay as you ascend to the pass.

3. Re: Stegna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:17