We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Dundee, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Hi folks,

Looking to rent a villa 2nd week in October and flight prices are coming in between £250-£320+ so far which I think is a little on the expensive side (?)

Would like to book villa and flights fairly soon, Is there a best time to book flights for best price?

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 21:48
Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

No help to you I'm afraid, but I have also been looking at flights from airports in the South of England, they too are pretty expensive. Dilemma, should I wait until nearer the time and bag a bargain as I did the last two years, or book soon????

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Hey

I might be wrong but does the 10 Oct 14 (2nd week.in Oct) = the start of half term, might or might not explain it.

Mart

Edited: 08 April 2014, 17:30
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Hey

Forgot to mention there is.no hard and fast rule in terms of when is best to book. You might get lucky if the seats are not selling well later on, but you could equally pay more. I always/mostly book flights upon release up to 11 months before flying to get the best prices, circa Easyjet, Ryan Air Jet 2 etc. However these are scheduled carriers. The charters such as Thomas Cook, Thomson, Monarch etc work v.differently with no set pattern.

M

Edited: 08 April 2014, 17:44
Kelso
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Have you looked at flying from Newcastle? £288pp including 22kgs of luggage. I know it would be further for you but the flight times are better than from Glasgow.

Bob

Dundee, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Thanks for replies guys,

I would normally wait until last minute but fancied a change from the usual all-inc to a villa and found a great looking place (Al Mare Villas, Kiotari) so I'm guessing I should book in advance but they offer a free cancellation.

Half term may well be affecting the price, I never thought of that. T Cook (with bad flight times) is cheaper 1-8th than Jet2 and Jet2 cheaper 8-15th with better flight times.

I never considered Newcastle Bob as I like a short trip to Airport and Glasgow is at a push for me as I'd prefer Edinburgh, but alas...no Rhodes flights.

Jet2 currently coming in at £509.96 against Newcastle at £507, so not much difference.

I might just be being stingy, but I honestly thought around £200 each inc baggage etc.

May just wait for last minute deal and if villa available and deal cheap enough then go for that. Would prefer to book it and get it out the way though.

Cheers folks.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Hey

I think you will be fortunate to get a better flight deal from Scotalnd/ Newcastle than what is on offer now. Yr call. You can get flights for less than 200 from Manchester/ Liverpool but of course you have the drive/parking etc. Its a tough one n given you know all the options, its up to you. Good luck

M

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

I considered flight only last year for the last week of the season in October but it was expensive, due to fewer flights, ended up booking a package as it was so cheap in comparison, flight only is not a cheap option to Rhodes, prices have gone mad in the past couple of years, and the flight times are not as good as they used to be especially with some of the budget carriers.

8. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 08:55
Edited: 10 April 2014, 08:55
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Hey

Ps, Ryan Air offer great flight times to Rhodes all season from Lpool as do Jet 2 from Manchester I think.. EJ from Liverpool are nowhere near as good this year in terms of flight times.

M

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October flights from Glasgow.....best time to book?

Not sure about Half Term hols in Scotland, in the South they tend to be the last week in October, and yes even that late in the season holiday prices are hiked up. Roll on retirement is what I say!!..