We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars?

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Cigars?

Hello!

We have just booked to go to Lindos in June and my other half is an avid cigar smoker so we wondered if there was anywhere on Rhodes that we will be able to buy some? I have done a search of the forums but the answers were a few years old so I hoped the situation had improved. He likes quality ones and so it is essential that they are sold from a humidor.

Although we are stopping in Lindos we will be travelling around the island so travelling to get them isn't a problem.

Thanks very much for your help!!

Julia

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Cigars?

Probably doesn't help, but there is a decent selection of Havana cigars at Athens Airport, in a walk in humidor. Maybe 10% cheaper than UK. In the Autumn at Heathrow's T5 the cigar shop had a sale on, maybe 30% off, first time in my life I've seen cuban cabbage on offer in the UK.

These days there are very few traditional tobacconists carrying stocks of Cuban and Central American cigars as well as a large selection of pipe tobaccos, I know of one in Birmingham and some county towns have one.

Because of Spain's colonial links with Cuba it's almost worth a cheap week's holiday just to stock up with Cohibas and Bolivars etc.

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cigars?

Thanks brignorthsnaps - will remember your hints for future! Its always good to know.

Thanks to all that replied!

13. Re: Cigars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:17