We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Flights

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
September Flights

Guy's we're trying to organise a cheeky week in September and I'm looking on Skyscanner for flights... I've found return flights at £162pp from 17th-24th, outbound with TC and inbound with Jet2, however, when I 'select' the option, the price jumps up to £547.88 for the two of us?? Anyone shed any light on this please?

skyscanner.net/transport/…

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Flights

Why not just book direct with the carriers, if you have flexibility with dates there are some deals to be had.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Flights

Because one of the carriers wants over a £1000 for those dates!

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September Flights

Flipping heck, and I thought I'd paid a bit over the odds for September flights!!!!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September Flights

Hey

Andy, according to e bookers site, Jet 2 will offer u a return for those dates from Newcastle for 2 adults for £566 all in. I am assuming there are no rugrats involved in the equatiin.

M

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September Flights

Hey

Still assuming its just 2 adults, TC website will get you you both out there for £100 (pay for baggage) and J2 site will getnu both back for £224 baggage free for the dates u want from Newcastle. All in £324 plus baggage charge outbound. This is similar to the skyscanner original quote but may as well go direct thru each site.

M

Edited: 28 April 2014, 07:19
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,396 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September Flights

I'm sure I read somewhere that Skyscanner isn't always bang up to date with prices. So at times tickets can be more than they appear. I think I had this before but it had only gone up £10pp and was still a good deal.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: September Flights

Hi guys, thanks for the help...

Mart, yep it's just the two of us, (from n/cle) where are you getting those prices from? I get nothing like it when I check the Jet2 & TC sites?

Marcus, I always check for the 'live' price and it's still nowhere near what they are claiming...I could understand if it went up by a few pounds, but not by a few hundred :-)

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: September Flights

Mart... found it... cheers

However, when you follow the link to the J2 website the price jumps to £447.94!!

Edited: 28 April 2014, 18:43
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: September Flights

if that's for 2 people that's pretty standard for the popular times of the year..very rarely get there for less than £220pp unless you get in as the flights are released or risk leaving it until the day before! If you can get a bargain package to anywhere in Rhodes and sort your own accomodation on top...that's worked in the past for me. I think the wedding business has had it's effect tbh as they tend to be booked asap as the planning stage for a wedding starts a couple of years before and then they're often block bookings. The flights only get cheap when the T/O or airline thinks there's a chance they'll be lumbered with empty seats. Online enquiries must feedback to them I should think to some degree or another.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: September Flights

Hey

Andy, not sure whats happening, as I checked those quotes 3 times to the point of booking. As Jo says, thats still a good price I suppose for that time of year from yr destination airport of choice. Would u consider another departure airport to reduce the price n see if it is still competitive after factoring in travel time, fuel n.parking etc?

M