We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May Weather - mid May onwards

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
May Weather - mid May onwards

Hey

Given there has been quite a few questions from various posters on various threads who have seen 14 day weather forecasts for Rhodes n have voiced their concern n disappointment, I decided to post the following:

Firstly, ignore any forecast exceeding 3/4 days, they are simply not reliable after this time and will always change. So 14 day forecasts are worthless.

Secondly, when u see cloud/rain symbols, it does not mean that it is wall to wall doom n gloom, it means there is a chance of cloud n rain anywhere on the island. It could be a 5,10,50 percent chance, but funnily enough it will never say.

Thirdly, it can be cloudy with rain in the North n sunny all day in the South n vice versa. Equally you can have a morning of cloud n afternoon sun.

Fourthly, always add a few (3/4) degrees on to airport (forecast) temps if u are staying in the S East, ie Lindos/Pefkos.

To put it bluntly, for mid May you have nothing to worry about, temps of 26 to 28 onwards in the SE heading up to 30 plus as May progresses. A little cooler in the North but still warm n hot. Yep, you may get some cloud n rain or even a storm, but sun is always in the ascendency.

Rhodes has a fantastic climate n one of the hottest n longest in the Med. Go there and enjoy n I bet yr concerns now will be forgotten when u r there.

If you feel the need to check weather sites, take a look at Accuweather, Foreca, Meteovista n Meteoprog n Zoover to an extent, some of the more reliable sites. But only for 3/4 days or so.

Go n have a fantastic time n I bet you all come back with a great tan.

Yammas

Mart

Rhodes
Level Contributor
386 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

Good post Mart.

wtf1111 as Mart says just because the forecast shows a cloud or rain don't mean it will rain where you are. The forecasts state that we will see rain Friday/Saturday this week but if you look at the hourly it is as usual overnight. Yesterday was a normal 23 degrees.

As Victor has said it is currently cloudy, we did get some rain overnight, the first significant rain in a few weeks.

If you check out weather underground you can go to a travel planner page and put in the weeks that you are traveling and it will give you the average temps and sunshine hours for the last 10 - 15 years. It is a good guide.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

Thanks, but as i am sat in my hotel room looking out over the beautiful coast all i can see is black clouds and its pouring it down! And it was thick cloud all day yesterday, even the manager told me this morning at breakfast that they have not had it this bad in winter! I agree tho, we av stolen 2 gorgeous afternoons of sun in prasonisi when its been cloudy back in kiotari, lets face it, its early may,we are on holiday, no work, so whats not to l

ike!?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

When its raining eat drink and be merry you be at work. I went to lindos 1st-8th may last year and did not see a could until the day we left and it was about 28c most days.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 08:20
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

Hi mart.

Yes off to Gatwick tomorrow afternoon for a early 0545 easy jet flight on Wednesday which arrives 1140 local time. All goes well should be lindos about 1pm. Packed a weather station and a traditional temperature gauge so should get a fairly accurate temperature. Use my eyes for clouds and hopefully not rain. Will try a do a daily post. I see you are out early June so might catch up with in robs one night. I am back on 11 June for a couple of weeks.

Have a good one.

Peter

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

Hey

Peter, have a good one dude. Yep, I am out there from 2 to 19 June, probably longer knowing me, so will be mooching into Lindos now n again. Given 404 is my favourite haunt, no doubt I will see ya for a sherbert.

Enjoy

Thanks KG, hope Rhodian life is treating you well, cant wait to get back out there.

M

Edited: 05 May 2014, 10:18
16. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 12:05
Edited: 05 May 2014, 12:05
wrexham
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

Fugeeblues,its great to see someone like yourself give such an informative post.

Mr Doom + Gloom just seems to try and put people off visiting such a fantastic country in 99.99% of the posts he makes :)

I cant wait to arrive at Sun Palace 18th june,maybe i will bump into him while were there,he can easily be found,just look for the black cloud in the sky,he will be under it :)

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

Hi Mart and Peter...it's 11.10pm Wednesday 7th here in the UK, so I'm assuming Peter is there right now! Looking forward to your daily blog Pete!!

19. Re: May Weather - mid May onwards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17