We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hours stay at Symi

London, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
7 hours stay at Symi

Hi, I've just booked a trip to Symi and the ferry times mean we're gonna spend a good 7 hours there. Only after I paid I realize that 7 hours is going to be looong.

Will arrive there at 9 and leave at 4.30pm. Any recommendation what we can do to fill up that 7 hours? Plan to have lunch and afternoon snack there (recommendations for restaurants please).

Any advices would really be appreciated.

Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hours stay at Symi

Symi is a lovely island! Me and some friend of mine, spent around 5 hours on Symi last year. We spent half of the time on the small cozy beach they have on Symi. I think you can find it very easily!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hours stay at Symi

symi

planetbell.me/2013/…

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 hours stay at Symi

You'll find it isn't long at all, because you have a chance to see the Symi that day-trippers rarely find. If you're feeling strong walk up the 360 steps of the Kali Strata to the upper town, Chorio, where most of the islanders actually live. If you don't fancy the steps, the yellow bus will take you at 10:00. Wander through the streets towards the Castro, the ancient castle remains, then when you've had enough walk downhill to the little fishing village of Pedi for lunch - turn left for Tolis' Taverna and turn right for Katsaras Taverna - they're both good and right at the edge of the sea.. Get the 2:30pm bus back to the port and you've plenty of time for afternoon coffee.

4. Re: 7 hours stay at Symi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:17