We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter/Moped in Rhodes?

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter/Moped in Rhodes?

Hi, we will be in Rhodes for a few days and would like to rent a scooter/moped to get around a bit. I've heard that there are no helmets though with the rentals...is this in fact true? I've already read the "scary" stories on this board but would like real, factual information, not stories about fatalities. I really would just like to know if someone knows about these rentals and if there are places that rent them with helmets?

Thanks so much everyone!!!

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter/Moped in Rhodes?

Every where will give you a helmet as part of the rental cost.

Most Greek residents dont wear helmets. Some do carry them on an arm.

You will see sometimes the whole family on one scooter or moped. Once saw 6 men on a motorbike.

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter/Moped in Rhodes?

Thanks!!that is great to know!

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter/Moped in Rhodes?

Hi.

As Trevor says I believe all rental companies now have to provide you with helmets. You need to check your travel insurance though as the policy provided with the rental agreement may not cover personal injury.

Cheers

Dave

4. Re: Scooter/Moped in Rhodes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:25
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes