We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

Hello, we are planning a visit on the dates above to stay 2 nights in Rhodes town then move to Lindos. We are using the Sunflower book for their walks and think Lindos is best placed.

However I have not been to Greece this late before and am wondering what will be open across the island. I am aware Rhodes town is a year round destinTion and no problem there.

Thanks in advance

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

Bump? Anyone a regular visitor in October?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

We were there in early October a couple of years ago and it was still pretty busy in Pefkos and Lindos with everything open but it is getting to the end of the season for some smaller places. Rhodes Town itself is always busy and even in spring this year there were many tourist there. We have done most of the walks in the Lindos area that are feasible without a car but way-marking is a bit of a problem. Archangelos is a good starting point and easily reached by bus but it is virtually impossible to do any on the west coast even from Rhodes Town which we used as a base for our second week. You will easily spend your 2 days in the Old Town. See my other post today on "walking guides" you can also walk up to the acropolis from the west coast.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

I have been going to Lindos in October for many years, i have also been in May, June, July and August, but for me October is the best time. The crowds have gone, apart from the cruise ship visitors. The beaches are quiet and the sea is still warm.

Some supermarkets will not have as much stock, still plenty of places open for "refreshments" and you can still party all night if you so wish.

If you are planning on walking/hiking, October is a good time to do this as it's not crushingly hot, but you could possibly get the odd rain shower or at worse a storm.

Have a great trip, I know I will. 😎

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

Thanks very much both, good to hear, we are thinking of Lindos foe 6 nights and rhodes town for 4 nights, last time we were in Rhodes it was awful as August, the streets were inbelievably crowded so really looking forward to a quieter place of which we can explore, read on the history as well as some hiking.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

Some walking trails with pretty basic maps, we have completed six of them but as mentioned earlier, were unable to do any proper hiking on the west coast without a car

rodosisland.gr/images/pdf/17pdf_eng.pdf

6. Re: 15th to 25th October - what will be open on the island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes