We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Greek Music

2 posts
Save Topic
Live Greek Music

Dear Symi people;

Where could we go to listen live Greek Music in your beautiful island on Thursday & Friday?Thank you in advance for your reply.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,027 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Greek Music

On Fridays usually in Georgios & Maria's Taverna in Chorio.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Greek Music

Many thanks. Do you live in Symi?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,027 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Greek Music

No, but I spend a lot of time there, have good friends who live on Symi permanently, and will be on the island again next week. I'll answer any other questions if I can.

To add to the original answer, there are often live performances in various bars on a one-off basis, but you'd need to ask around on the island. It's close to the end of the season now and so things are changing to winter mode and being run to attract permanent residents rather than tourists.

wales
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Greek Music

Having enjoyed Giorgios and Maria's taverna music evenings many times I am always looking for other places that have music. (I am on my own so it is always more comfortable if I can eat where there is music playing, and I love Rembetika/Rebetika music). I would suggest asking around too. On my last night (Tuesday) I happened across beautiful music in a little cafe/bar by Mr Mercouris who plays accordion and sings the old songs. Just wonderful. The Mayor was there and drink and souvlakis were shared around. Ask and just keep your eyes and ears open. Have fun! X

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,027 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Greek Music

Another good location to try is the Secret Garden cafe/bar in Chorio. Often has live Greek music on Saturdays, including tonight.

6. Re: Live Greek Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Symi
Recent Conversations