We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Thinking of booking symi for first visit in June,,, Olympic flight doesn't land till late 9.20pm and wondered if we have to book a hotel as we will miss a crossing until early morning, been told if late or delayed you may have to sit in loung area until 1 st crossing,,,any advice welcomed,,, may have to ring Olympic and check,, thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Hi there

If you are booking a package deal through Olympic then they have a duty of care to get you to Symi. If for any reason the flight is delayed and therefore you miss the last ferry, it's down to Olympic to find you a bed for the night, they won't abandon you and say, " it's down to you".

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

In previous years anyone travelling with Olympic Holidays and due to arrive after the last ferry but before midnight was automatically provided with a hotel room and transfer to/from it. It's only people who arrive in the middle of the night who are parked in a hotel reception area until morning.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Thanks for this, it makes it more reassuring.

Sue

East Anglia
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Thanks for this, it makes it more reassuring.

Sue

East Anglia
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Hi, My flight lands around 17.30 also had the same query. I telephoned them this morning and they told me that I should ring after Easter when they will know the Ferry times. I was at one stage reassured that I would be found a hotel room if flight missed ferry crossing. Then told rather vaguely something about an 8 hour rule which was not clear at all. She then told me to look on my terms and condition which I did and there was no mention of an 8 hour rule. If you find anything out about this maybe you could post it.

Thanks, Sue

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Hi Sue

Depending on when you are travelling the evening ferry may be at 18:30 or 19:00 - if it's 19:00 and your flight is on time you should make it. The ferry times for June to September will probably come out in early May.

The 8 hour rule is something Olympic make up themselves, but basically it means that they'll put you in a hotel overnight if there is more than 8 hours between flight arrival and ferry departure.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Thanks for this much appreciated. Its many years since I have been to Symi and my memories of it are that it is so beautiful. We will not be there long so not wanting too many hiccups along the way.

Many thanks,

Sue

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Thanks for info I'm sure we will be taken care of if have to stay in rhodes it will add to the excitement ,,all depends on the flights I suppose,,thanks again carol

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Sue don't worry. I've just replied on your other post and Olympic will put you up overnight - though it may not necessarily be close to the airport or port as it depends where they have rooms available.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Regarding hotel booking on rhodes if late flight

Thanks Gemma.

Get answers to your questions about Symi
Recent Conversations