We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parga

huddersfield
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
parga

me and my partner are going this weekend 10/06/07 staying at the dracos aparthotel whats it like / and whats the best sights to see and places to eat.

Manchester
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parga

Have a look at the previous posts - loads of recent info on things to do.

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parga

The Dracos Apartotel enjoys a very good reputation and has a top rating in the reviews; the only slight draw back being the distance from the town etc although the walk is one Parga's less arduous. If you click on Parga's hotels you'll get all the first hand information you require about Dracos.

If you go back through the previous threads on this forum you'll find many things to do but a lot depends on how long you're staying and whether you will have a car.

Assuming you are staying for two weeks and that you don't want to be out on trips every day I would suggest the following but bear in mind this is very subjective; although after twenty visits we have our 'must dos' these are not necessarily everyones choice.

The Nekromanteion of Ephyra, the River Acheron at Gliki and the Souli Monument at Zalongo, all done as a single day trip. Try and ensure that you have at least two hours at Gliki, preferably three hours to get the most from this beautiful place. We visit Gliki at least once each holiday.

Take a boat trip to Sivota, a pretty little resort further up the coast with a strong Italian influence. Although Sivota has a thriving sailing fraternity the prices are competitive (lower than Parga) with a good selection of tavernas and shops - call at the Bamboo Place for a warm welcome and free fruit cocktail (either alcoholic or non-alcoholic). Once again this is a place we visit each time we're in Parga.

Spend a day (or two) on the beautiful beach at Sarakiniko (a short boat trip - 15 mins) and take lunch in one of the good tavernas, especially the Taverna Tou Christou which is now entered in the Rough Guide as one of the best in the region. My wife and I drive to Sarakiniko at least every other day.

Ali Pasha's Fortress on the side of Mount Parga is well worth a visit a and this can be done on foot (6 kilometres uphill going), on the local bus (Anthousa and Aghia) or you can take the very popular 'road train' which leaves up to four times a day and stops off at the village of Anthousa for refreshments. There are some excellent views from the fortress.

Places to eat is another subjective topic as we all like different foods and atmospheres. The most popular places to eat seem to be on the harbourside (location!) and of these tavernas Bacchus and Zorbas enjoy the best reputations - people are quite prepared to wait for a table.

If you want something closer to Dracos then try either Dokos or Golfo. Dokos is quite close to Dracos and has a faithful following whereas the Golfo is on Piso Krioneri beach (the nearest to Dracos) and is renowned for it's good value food and Greek nights.

If you hire a car all these places are available plus many more.

If you've any other questions please get back to me.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parga

hi we are going sunday 10th too, just had a call from first choice there is building work going on? we are staying at the adams hotel next to yours , have you heard anything?

Manchester
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parga

To ConnySir,

You mentioned taking a boat trip to Sivota. Can you book this at the harbour? Also how much does it cost and how long is the journey - would you advise a full day to visit Sivota.

Thanks

Jess x

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parga

Jess,

The boat trip is available from the jetty and is I believe about €25 and takes about the same time as Paxoi. I've not 'sailed' to Sivota in years (drive up) but have freinds who did it a couple of years back.

Sivota, IMO, is well worht a full day - this year we were going to spend a few days at Hotel Mega Ammos just outside Sivota but could'nt make contact. From reading your posts I think you would enjoy Sivota.

Manchester
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parga

Thanks for the info - I'll definately add this to the list of things to do this year. I usually feel l'm missing out because I don't drive, but I'm really looking forward to visiting Sivota.

Jess x

7. Re: parga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Parga