We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simply Travel (Thomson group)

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
221 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Simply Travel (Thomson group)

Having paid for and received my tickets for my holiday to Parga, departing 21st June 2009, imagine my suprise today, to receive a demand for a surcharge of what amounts to an additional 10% of the holiday cost.

It appears to be contrary to the Agreement, which at first glance appears to state that no surcharges will be levied later than 30 days of travel. Further, there is no indication of what the surcharge represents.

The letter is quite curt, stating that the payment is due immediately and if not paid will result in the booking being null and void and a cancellation charge invoked. Charming!

Has anyone had any similar experience? I intend ringinmg them later today, but would be interested in any comments.

Bron

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simply Travel (Thomson group)

Wow, that's a bit harsh! I haven't heard of Thomson charging customers charges but I think Simply Greece though part of the same company work apart, like Portland do. I would be inclined to ring them and ask why they are charging it and as far as we know the rest of the group aren't, then contact Citizens Advice.

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
221 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simply Travel (Thomson group)

Well it appears to be a mistake (breathes sigh of relief!). Phoned them today, (they do have a very personable young man called James in their office!).

It appears that when I rang them a week or so ago to correct a spelling mistake in my name, this threw up a booking amendment charge letter, which of course was not applicable as the booking wasn't actually changed.

Doing battle recently with BT, Royal Mail and AOL must have turned me paranoid and assuming the worst everywhere!! Hopefully, this has been resolved now.

Thanks for your reply, mybelle!!

Got the new bikini today...2 weeks to go and counting!!!!!!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simply Travel (Thomson group)

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Roll on your holiday!

4. Re: Simply Travel (Thomson group)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2009, 05:35
Get answers to your questions about Parga