We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

I've thought long and hard about our chat the other day and decided to heed your advice - I remember your own post back in 2008 when you 'quit and unquit' and fortunately stayed on. I must admit that when I 'retired' from the forums 16 months ago some of the sniping and back biting had got pretty bad and also my bete noir of inane 'off topic' chatter' seemed to be running amok on the Greece forum. At the time I thought it unlikely that things would change so I voted with my feet - well, my typing finger to be more precise.

So; I'm now sucking happily on my dummy again and I'll see how it goes and to all those on the Epirus and Parga forums, I look forward to having my 'two pence worth' and I'll try and stay with travel related topics.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Hi Conny,

Welcome back.

Your first job is to write that review of your trip to the Peloponnese that you didn't get round to.

phil

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Conny! We were worried sick about you!!! Your name was brought up very often in discussions with other members and it's so nice to see you again!!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Welcome back Conny!! - great to see you here again!

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Hi phil,

I've got a load of PM's that need replies(and apols), so, unfortunately, the report will have to wait a little but I promise to complete one.

Conny

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Welcome back! And can I say a very belated "thank you" for advice/information you gave just before you "disappeared" which I used for my trip to Zagoria/Parga et al in May 2009. We did the walk from Glyki, & I took several notes about the area with me, gleaned from various past posts of yours. Your knowledge of Zagoria has been much missed on the Epirus Forum.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Hi ConnySir, good to have you back!

Wise step; it WILL help lot of visitors in the area :)

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Hi ConnySir,

Great to have you back - and about time too. I thought a sabbatical was only supposed to last a year !!!!

As for your 'two pence worth', I'll look forward to it.

xxx

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and I'll try and do my bit for the Epirus and Parga forums.

Tsipouro,

If I've gained any knowledge of the Zagori it's been borne out of my love for the region - I keep banging the drum about it but it's unlikely to become overcrowded, will never lose it's awesome beauty and for anyone who wants an insight to Greece and it's people where better to gain it. This Spring I'll be introducing my son to the Zagori and it'll be interesting to hear what a passionate 'Wainwright Bagger' thinks of the area

Parga, Greece
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

taisy,

your 'sisterly' chats bore fruit - ta!

xxx

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi taisy, I'm dipping my toe in again..........

I'd never heard the term 'Wainwright Bagger' before - had to google it in as it sounds faintly obscene. Quite disappointed to find out it's innocent meaning.

See, you've been back on here 5 minutes and we're learning stuff already !!

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations