We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nikitas Apartments

bristol
Level Contributor
756 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Nikitas Apartments

Has anyone stayed here? I would like to know how far it is into Parga town please.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nikitas Apartments

Hi.

If you look at the 2nd of these maps you will find Nikitas at the top left corner, hope it will give you some idea.

http://www.compurite.co.uk/parga.htm

Can't say how long it would take to walk as its over the Valtos side and we always stay the other end but I'm sure someone will be able to give you that info.

Edited: 15 January 2011, 16:59
bristol
Level Contributor
756 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nikitas Apartments

That is a gret help, thank you very much. We are also looking at Aliki studios which is the other side

bristol
Level Contributor
756 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nikitas Apartments

Hi, Hope you dont mind me asking but do you know roughly how long the walk is from Nikitas to the town? Also, do you know where Aleka apartments are please?

middx
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nikitas Apartments

Hi,

stayed at Nkitas in 05, lovely clean spacious appts, if still the same, no pool or bar facilities, it was, if my memory serves, about 2-3 mins to a well stocked shop and 5 to the first pool bar, which was spotless and food (then) well priced and very nice, also a mini-mart on site, a further few minutes down hill, tho' not much of a hill, more a slope,brought you to a few more bars/eateries and the beach, it was, we were told, but never managed doing it about 20 - 30 mins walk into Parga town up to the castle (steep and uneven) and back down the other side, we always used the water taxi, frequent and cheap, about a euro each way, and it varied whether they charged for the children, then 10 and 8, it really was a delightful way to arrive in town, never felt it was a problem or a chore, can't recall time of last boat back, maybe 10.30, not overly late anyway and suited us mostly as kids where youngish, i know we taxi'd back a few times, and it can't have been expensive as my hubby err's on the careful side! Wherever you end up, feel sure you will love it, on our 'must return' list. Mari

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
821 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nikitas Apartments

Hi, never stayed at Nikitas but have stayed in the same area at Stefanos Apps. The walk to Parga harbour is at least 35 mins. up a fairly steep slope then down steps into the town. The water taxis last year were €2 per person. A taxi from Stefanos to Parga was €6, if you walk to Valtos beach where the cars park, it was €4. In mid September, the water taxi's became unreliable at night. They stopped running as there wasn't enough people to make it worthwhile and that was around 20.30hrs into Parga. Valtos was extremly quiet at night.

You ask about the Aliki in the second post and Aleka in the third. They both exist but are miles apart. Aliki is down past the campsite end of Parga opposite the Elena and next door to the Tropical - in my opinion a nice area, on the flat and a 20 min walk to harbour. Aleka is on the hill out of Parga on the way to Valtos. Has a good reputation but a fair walk home up the hill after a late night!! You can take a shortcut via the graveyard but at night it's a bit dark.

Staying in Valtos can be cheap but unless you have a car, it's taxi's of some sort which is all additive to the cost of the hol. Plus, if you want to be where the nightlife is (there is no comparison between Valtos and Parga at night) then stay in Parga. There are many nice places at good prices.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nikitas Apartments

hI, I have stayed about 4 times at Nikitas, sadly the property has never been updated, although the appartments are quite airy they are screaming out for air con. They are in a lovely quiet location but a fair walk from the beach and a very steep walk into Parga town so if walking is not your strong point these appartments are not you.The owner has now left thomas cooke and i think gone to Monarch which i think may require internet booking.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nikitas Apartments

Hi - we have stayed at Aleka Studios and they are lovely, very spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. I would also say that they are not as far out as you think, in fact, we stayed at Dracos Apartotel this year (wonderful) but the walk back to Dracos at night takes longer. Aleka are on an incline - but it is a gentle one - it's an easy walk into town, take the shortcut opposite by the side of the cemetary. For the walk home, probably the easiest route is up to the taxi rank, take a right, up to the main road and then swing a left and best to have a torch with you. From memory it only used to take around 15 muinutes to walk back in the evening. The views from the top floor studios are fantastic! Recommended!

Suffolk
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nikitas Apartments

Nothing wrong with the apartments, as they are spacious and the owners are nice people, but it will cost you 6-7euros for each taxi ride into (and return) to Parga that you take. Ideal for a relaxing break and for those who like walking or just want a beach holiday. Not for anyone who wants to be near the bustle of town of an evening. We stayed there for one night in June during a heatwave and decided to move because there was no air conditioning and I was having hot flushes. - Unbearable combination! Probably be ok early/late season.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nikitas Apartments

my wife and i have stayed several times at these appartments and they provide peace and quiet away from the bustle of Parga town. their big down side to us was , they did not have air con so in the end we moved on to accomodation which did. A taxi this year cost us 6 euros each way so reasonable as it is quite a testing walk of about 1/2 an hour.Water taxi is available for about 4 euros. Have a good holiday as we have done many times over the past 15 years or so. in Parga.

Manchester
Level Contributor
127 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nikitas Apartments

Just returned from Nikitas apartments which were allocated to us on arrival.(Valtos area) We had a double bedroom and a twin bedroom for the 2 of us and a balcony with tables and chairs on each room! There was also a terrace at the entrance to the apartment (room #4)

The bathroom is a typical Greek bathroom ( shower tray and curtain and a shower head you have to hold) The kitchen is small. We only used it for making breakfast (no cooking) and for storing cool drinks in the fridge. There is no airconditioning but after some guests complained, we were offered fans at a €5 per day. We didnt bother with one as noisy fans are just as likely to keep us awake as the heat.The owners are a friendly couple and we were given cake by the lady of the house.

The apartment overlooked a garden centre and was a 10 -15 minute amble down to the beach, passing a number of tavernas and minimarkets on the way.

Water taxis to Parga were €2 each way and ran until after 10:30pm most nights.

It was €7 euros for 2 sunbeds and a parasol. All the tavernas were of similar quality.

The Greek night at Valtos Beach Hotel was brilliant. It was €15 per head - this was for a barbecue and a 'help yourself buffet' ... we are vegetarians and there was loads of choices on the buffet tables ... and a dessert is included. The dancing and music was great fun.

Have a great time!