We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Restaurant Crawl"

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
211 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
"Restaurant Crawl"

Going for a week in July. Can anyone recommend a different restaurant for each night of our stay? I will go to Baccus again and the Meze taverna already recommended to me, but any suggestions for another 5 so that I can vary it a bit and what would you recommend as a dish at each place.

I'm sure you gastronauts out there can come up with something special.

Castleton Rochdale
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

Hi Telboyessex,

Everyone has their favourite places to eat, we have been going since 1994 and have had many memorable meals all over Parga.

You mention the Bacchos and I think the Perivoli (for the HUGE meze meal), could feed 4 of you easily don't eat for a week before hand lol!

We love Dokos Taverna and To Kantouni, La Barca (Fish Taverna), there's a place where we had lovely food last year - Taka Taka Mam, Stephanos Taverna, Apangio all the places I have named are lovely family places with lovely food and atmosphere.

Yiannis Taverna is very popular and very busy, along with Zorbas, Sakis Taverna, Sideris Taverna, Maistros,To Hani I know there are lots I havn't mentioned .

You ask to recommend a dish, there are so many lovely dishes to chose from at each place.

We are going end of July for 2 weeks, making it our 14th time in Parga.

I am sure you will get lots of replies to your message.

Enjoy your week in Parga and let us all know how you get on.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

HI telboy,

Great information from The Murrays. There's loads of excellent Tavernas in Parga, you'll have fun discovering them. However, there are also excellent ones within a short drive (or boat ride). Try to get out to Ammoudia (try Archipelagos Fish Restaurant next to the Acheron river). Agia, about 5 minutes in a taxi and the Oasis Restaurant which is high on the hill with magnificent views. Theres a couple of good ones in Anthoussa (next village to Parga). Some crackers on the beach at Lichnos (boat ride) and my personal favourite Taverna Tou Christou at Sarakiniko Beach (again, either car, taxi or boat ride), There are many many more and you will be spoilt for choice but it really is worth a short trip outside Parga to try something different.

Best Regards

Castleton Rochdale
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

I totally agree with Taisy about To Christou Taverna on Sarakiniko Beach, wonderful food in a lovely setting, well worth a trip there.

London
Level Contributor
439 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

Haven't been for a while now (2007) but our favourite on the last visit was definitely Krioneri on the corner of the little path down to Piso Krioneri beach, excellent food, service and value, and then, in no particular order other than alphabetical,

Golfo - on Piso Krioneri beach - variety of traditional Greek dishes

Iannis - further up the road past the lane down to Piso Krioneri

Perivoli - as already mentioned - go hungry, very hungry - and, even then, you may be defeated by their meals!

Sideris - good grills

Stefanos - excellent fish and superb views over Valtos beach

Taka Taka Mam - good for lunchtimes/snacks

To Souli - harbourfront, for an excellent moussaka

Enjoy wherever/whatever you eat in lovely Parga!

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

The Corali Taverna on Lichnos Beach serves wonderful traditional Greek food and Babis, his family and staff are all very welcoming. Also the one high on the hill above the Acheron - not sure of the name but I think it may be the same one that Taisy has mentioned. The Perivoli in Parga is also a favourite. & if you fancy a gyros pitta then I would recommed Piccolo!

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

In Parga just now and noticed that Dionysos is closed ..... also Barnasis Garden on Valtos Beach is also closed and now overgrown! Shame, as this was our favourite at lunchtime!

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
707 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

Hi Gracie. Hope you are enjoying - ha ha, stupid question.

Knew about Dionysos as I was in Parga last week but don't know Barnasis Garden - where was it? The only place I know that closed over there was the Olive Tree, next to Tango. The family went back to Canada.

I'm coming over again in just over 2 weeks - came back to cut the grass ;)

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

Why not just let the grass grow Brian and stay in Parga - hardly worth all the packing and unpacking !!!

Has Dionysos closed for good or is he just late opening up this season? We always enjoy a meal there overlooking the beach - especially on storm days.

Warrington
Level Contributor
133 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

Whereabouts is taka taka mam??

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Restaurant Crawl"

It is on the walk from the harbour front to the OTE crossroads, near the taxi rank. It is a small taverna (on your left), just before you get to the taxis. Lovely staff but very big meals (of good quality).

Get answers to your questions about Parga