We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

Going to Parga Beach Hotel Parga Valtos Beach in September 2011.Trying to arrange a transfer but having difficulty.Are there any local buses or trains I can get because taxi fares seem really expensive.They never told me this when I booked they booked it and said they would sort transfer at the end but this was taxi and so expensive.Does anyone know the tel number or email for this hotel thanks carole

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

This applies to you as well, plus taxi Airport > Preveza about 12 €:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1140281-i17860-…

Edited: 08 July 2011, 19:44
Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
746 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

Hi Carole,

Parga Beach tel as listed on their homepage

Landline: +30 26840-31410.

Hippy shows a good link to bus times from the Parga.Com site. Need to check though that you land at a suitable time, i.e. if you arrive in Preveza late, the last bus might have gone.

Not sure how long it takes from airport to Preveza bus station but 20 to 30 mins would be a guess. Plus, the bus station in Parga, is in 'Parga', the bus doesn't go to Valtos so you will need another taxi, about €5 from the taxi rank not far from the bus station. So airport to Preveza, Preveza to Parga, Parga to Valtos - roughly €30'ish one way if the prices quoted are correct but it will take you about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs to get to your hotel. The cost is less than half of a taxi fare (listed at €85 one way at the Parga taxi rank) but there is the inconvenience of the additional time and travel. A taxi transfer will be an hour to Valtos. Contacting the hotel you might get it cheaper and a good thing to try.

By the way, there are no trains.

Another option is to hire a car, the roads are pretty good.

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

Thank you for the information very helpful .Do you know anything about this hotel and this area is it nice.Somebody recommended the Bella vista appartments but I couldn't get the dates and it seemed a bit further from the main Town of Parga.Do you know whether there is more than one Parga Beach Hotel because I have found Pargo Beach Hotel Chrisogiali Beach Valtos Parga which gets great reviews but the one I have booked is Parga Beach Hotel Valtos beach is this the same?The first one is listed as 5th best on trip advisor however I have found reviews which report the one I have booked as 41 out of 47 on the reviews so I am confused.Hope you can help your last post has been extremely helpful thankyou.

Preveza
Destination Expert
for Parga, Preveza
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

Out of interest - which airline are you travelling on as I know with Thomson you can book a seat on their transfer coach for £20 each.

The local bus goes round the villages from Preveza to Parga so it's quite a long windy journey. If I were you I'd invest in a taxi (at least on arrival) to save you loads of hassle (or better still hire a car!). Also the buses are not very regular to Parga from Preveza.

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
746 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

Hi again,

as far as I am aware, there is only one Parga beach hotel. Some odd sites refer to Chrisogiali Beach, Valtos but pretty sure you are in the only Parga Beach hotel. The name is deceiving as it'snot in Parga (as you will have figured out by now). I know it has had a facelift but I've only seen it from the outside. New stone clad buildings and external walls plus a new small pool.

Valtos in September is still busy on the beach but at night I found it very quiet, even the water taxis stop running if there wasn't enough custom. I was in Valtos 2 years ago and at 20.30 the water taxi didn't appear and we couldn't get a normal taxi either - we walked into Parga.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

What about sharing the cost of a taxi from the airport to Parga (and on to Valtos)?

If you put details of your flight on this site there may be someone who would meet you and share the cost.

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

http://pargataxi.com/

8. Re: Transfer from Preveza airport to Parga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2013, 10:26
Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations