We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atm and pre loaded cash card

lancashire
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
atm and pre loaded cash card

hi goin to parga for he 1st time on sunday and would like to know if there are any atm machines and if anybody has used the pre loaded cash cards there ie do the restaurants use them.Also we dont get to the resort until probably 22.30ish will there be restaurants still open at this time.

many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,264 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

Why pay the fees for a pre-loaded card? Take a debit card and get money from ATMs out of your usual account, just like at home.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
281 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

Hi there - personally, I havent used a pre loaded cash card but, yes there are ATM's in Parga town - at least two that I can remember and have used. There is one ATM located next to the First Choice/SynthesisTravel Office. Head down to the main harbour front and just by the large anchor, take the right fork in between the shops with the little tobacco kiosk on your left hand side and then take another right turn with the ice cream parlour on your right, you will pass a fish shop and bakery on your left and various shops to your left and right - within a minute's walk you will see the travel office and ATM by the side. The travel office will also change money for you. The second ATM is located a couple of minutes walk further on. So with the travel office on your right continue to walk straight up until you reach the taxi rank and then turn left, there is another ATM on the left hand side before you reach Jonny's Bar. Yes, most Greek's and many of us tourists usually eat around 10PM and later - you will find plenty of food options available late into the evening - tavernas, gyros pita grills and fast food place all serve food late and some continue into the early hours!

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

Clear enough advice above. Just to add - restaurants like to be paid in cash (very few take cards) but it is easy enough to get cash from the ATM's

Enjoy yourselves

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

""Why pay the fees for a pre-loaded card? Take a debit card and get money from ATMs out of your usual account, just like at home.""

What fees ??? I would give precisely the opposite advice to that . My pre-loaded card is far better value than my debit card .

http://www.caxtonfxcard.com/

Parga
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

Be aware most tavernas will NOT take cards, crdeit or debit, so always assume they will take cash unless you have ascertained this beforehand.

There an ATM which gives all instructions in English. This is the Agricutural Bank. This is situated at the end of an alley off the main pedestrian street. The alley way is between the sandal shop and the fruit shop on the bend.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

why are folk obsessed with fees on pre loadst cards, i ise a cashpassport which i got in tesco and there are no fees whatsoever

Redcar, United...
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
781 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

Following on from Cherub - Hope this works.

moneysupermarket.com/prepaidcards/…

Lancashire
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

We came back from Parga last month and used a pre-paid card - I agree they are the best value. We used ours in all four of the ATMs in the centre of Parga with no problems.

Desford, United...
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

Of course pre-paid cards charge a fee, as do all outlets offering no commission currency, its just hidden in the exchange rate they offer you.

But each to their own, I will continue to use my debit card.

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: atm and pre loaded cash card

Hidden in the exchange rate ?

www.caxtonfxcard.com/comparerates.asp…

It's the debit cards that have the hidden charges , usually 2.5% of the amount withdrawn plus the visable £1.50 per transaction .

But as you say , each to their own .

Get answers to your questions about Parga